Hello, Stampers! I hope you aren’t sick of me using Best Thoughts yet, because it is a beautiful stamp set and about to retire. Sometimes I wish the Host stamp sets could carry over, don’t you? Pairing that with the beautiful font from Birthday Blossoms was absolutely perfect, don’t you think? Anyway, this is an easel card that I made for my wonderful sister and upline, Katy McGloin. (You can see her amazing cards HERE) Katy was the one who got me totally addicted to this fantastic hobby and absolutely made me join SU as a demonstrator. (Katy, have I told you lately how much I appreciate that?!) Making cards for someone as talented as Katy can be very daunting, but those cards have been the ones that have really stretched me as a stamper. For that reason, I try to do fun fold cards for her. I really enjoy making easel cards and they are very easy to make! Never made one before?? Here is a great tutorial from Splitcoaststampers to follow. I do have to ‘fess up – the Sister sentiment is from Close to My Heart. My new friend, Joani, is a consultant with them and when I saw it, I knew that Katy would love that on her card!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Best Thoughts (retiring Host stamp), Birthday Blossoms, Bloomin’ Love (Inside)
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe
- Ink: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Decorative Dots TIEF (Retiring), Curvy Corner Trio Punch (Retiring), Circle Collections Framelits (retiring), Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Banner Triple Punch
- Inside: Large Oval Punch (retiring), Scallop Oval Punch (retiring), Aqua Painter
- Finishing Touch: Sahara Sand 7/8″ Lace Trim (retiring), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz Cotton Ribbon (Retiring), Silver Sequin Trim, Iced Rhinestones (Retiring), Basic Rhinestones
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products? Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,
Hello, Stampers! We enjoyed the fantastic cards you all submitted for the last challenge! Did you see them? Wow, I loved them!! Now, let’s see what you do with a sketch challenge that can really stretch your creativity! Did you know that you don’t need a blog to play along? You can also use a public gallery, such as Pinterest or Splitcoaststampers. So, dust off those super-cute older stamps that you have been holding onto and play along! For my card today, I was feeling nostalgic that Stampin’ Up! is retiring some wonderful In-Colors. One of those colors is Tangelo Twist, which I have not used nearly enough. When I want a color in that category, my stand-by is Calypso Coral, so I decided to give Tangelo Twist a try. Once I chose that color, I found a retired DSP from the Holiday Catalog that I really loved, Into the Woods. Then, my nostalgia took me to my Wall of Stamps and I immediately found a retiring stamp that hasn’t ever seen ink – and I really don’t know why! It’s beautiful, and available as Host Rewards, Best Thoughts. The sketch needed a simple sentiment and had to be older to fit the “retro” requirement so I chose a retired stamp that has seen ink multiple times before but the framelits that coordinate with them are now being retired, Itty Bitty Banners. This stamp set appears to have come out in 2012. Splitcoaststampers doesn’t list the catalog date, from what I could see. The Lovely Lace embossing folder was inked up in So Saffron then Whisper White cardstock was inserted and run through the Big Shot. I really love the effect!!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Best Thoughts, Itty Bitty Banners
- Paper: Into the Woods, Tangelo Twist
- Ink: So Saffron, Tangelo Twist
- Cool Tools: Chalk Talk Framelits (retiring), Bitty Banners Framelits (retiring), Lovely Lace TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Tangelo Twist 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (retiring), Basic Rhinestones
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, May 6th.
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No backlinking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Link back to the blog using the InLinkz by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,