Hello, my friends!
Isn’t this a pretty inspiration photo? There was quite a bit that inspired me but I ultimately decided to use an older stamp set, Christmas Blessings, which was introduced in the 2012-13 Annual Catalog. I had bought it but it was never used it till I made this card. What a shame! However, that is the wonderful part of this challenge blog, though – getting your older stamps out and breathing new life in them. I love pairing my older stamps with new products and tools!
When I looked at the inspiration photo I saw lots of white, with pretty texture in the background and a pop of color in the holly berries. So, my card started with stamping the pretty focal image in black then, using cherry cobbler ink and a blender pen, coloring all of the flower petals. Then it was cut out with the Layering Squares Framelits and layered onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock that was cut with the scallop framelit.
Now, the background whisper white cardstock was dry embossed with the Holly embossing folder and layered onto Always Artichoke. Before adhering that down, Silver Glitter Ribbon was cut and adhered, then the entire panel was placed on the card base.
Lastly, the sentiment was stamped in Always Artichoke and cropped with the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits. I layered that onto a small scallop oval and then adhered it to the ribbon. For the final touch, a bow to the focal image was added and little sprigs of holly added from the Holly Berry Builder Punch to both sides of the sentiment. Nice, eh?
Once everything was down, I felt like the focal stamp just needed a little sumthin-sumthin. I reached for my Wink of Stella and added some glitz to the flower petals. I like how it came out, don’t you?
It’s All in the Christmas Blessings Details
- Stamp Sets: Christmas Blessings
- Paper: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
- Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Holly TIEF, Layering Squares Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Holly Berry Builder Punch, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits
- Finishing Touch: 3/8″ Silver Glitter Ribbon, 3/8″ Cherry Cobbler Silky Taffeta Ribbon, Wink of Stella
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, December 16th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Picks, your card may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu.