I hesitated in posting this card because I think everyone has done one already. But the new stamp set, Beautiful You, is so versatile that you will certainly see many wonderful cards with it. Maybe, just maybe, one more will convince you to finally get one for yourself! I look forward to using every single stamp in this gorgeous set.
- This card started by stamping the image with black stazon ink. Once satisfied that it was dry, I used my new Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils (Real Red and Basic Gray) and a blender pen to color the image. I then masked it off, and watercolored the background.
- Hearth & Home Thinlit in Whisper White was cut and then a Window Sheet was cut, lined with the Foam Adhesive Strips and layered on top of the image.
- Carried Away DSP (Sale-A-Bration item) was layered onto Black cardstock. Black Stitched Satin Ribbon was taped onto the card before adhering to the Thick Whisper White cardstock, then a bow was made and glued to the ribbon.
- The sentiment was inked in Tuxedo Black Ink, cut with the Layering Oval Framelits and layered onto Black cardstock with a scalloped oval.
- The sentiment for the inside of the card was stamped onto Whisper White, layered onto Basic Black cardstock. I cut up a few little hearts from the Confetti Heart Border punch and glued them close to the sentiment.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Beautiful You
- Paper: Carried Away DSP (SAB), Thick Whisper White, Basic Black
- Ink: Black Stazon, Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Hearth & Home Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Confetti Hearts Border Punch
- Finishing Touch: Basic Black Satin Stitched Ribbon
I am going to play along with The Paper Players challenge where Sandy is hosting a fun color challenge. I hope you will check it out and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu!! Until next time!!
Basic Black 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon
I am so excited to be back with you and bringing life to my favorite older stamps once again! Our first challenge of 2017 is “Let It Snow.” It is that time of year for me here in Michigan so I have lots of inspiration just looking out my windows. I started this super fun card with Flurry of Wishes, which was introduced in the 2015 Holiday Catalog and is still available in the Annual Catalog. One of the great advantages of this stamp set is having a coordinating punch to go with it although I didn’t need it for this card.
The Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set was in the 2015 Occasions Catalog and is also still available in the Annual Catalog. The sentiment on the front as well as the inside came from an unlikely stamp set for this card, Beautiful Beach. I have had it since I started stamping and was collecting stamps without a clue how to make a card. I was able to find it listed in the Splitcoaststampers gallery but it just states that it retired in 2007. The earliest card I could find was dated July 17, 2006.
- The card front started out by stamping the snowflakes from Flurry of Wishes in Memento Tuxedo Black ink all over the card front, then sponged using the Sponge Brayer starting with Soft Sky all over, then Tempting Turquoise and lastly with Dapper Denim, which was also used along the edge.
- The snowflakes from Perpetual Birthday Calendar were then stamped using Whisper White Craft Ink then again with Encore Silver ink, and following that, Whisper White layer was also sponged along the edges using the Silver ink as well as the wooden snowflakes were inked up with silver ink.
- The White Glitter Ribbon was cut and wrapped around the layers before all were adhered to the Dapper Denim card base.
- A Silver Foil Doily was popped up on dimensionals.
- The sentiment was inked in Dapper Denim and cut with the Layering Oval Framelits.
- The snowflakes were placed and the top snowflake was glued down onto a nice long strand of Silver Sequin Trim. Rhinestones were placed for that “finishing touch.”
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Flurry of Wishes, Perpetual Birthday Calendar, Beautiful Beach
- Paper: Dapper Denim, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black, Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Dapper Denim, Encore Silver Ink
- SU Tools: Layering Oval Framelits, Sponge Brayer
- Finishing Touch: Metallic Foil Doilies, Silver Sequin Trim, White Glitter Ribbon, Wooden Snowflake Elements, Basic Rhinestones
I hope you will stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. We have an incredibly talented new design team member, Jan Clothier, who just joined our team! We are so lucky to have her! I hope you will then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, January 27th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu!! Hope you’ll be back soon!
Metallic Silver Encore Pad