Don’t you just love seeing flowers in bloom in the Fall?! Somehow I appreciate them more because I know that they had to work hard at it! Summer brings them the best opportunity and there are so many more in bloom that I feel we take them for granted. Not in the Fall! I find myself looking at them longer and admiring their tenacity to flower despite the cool temps and much shorter days. This is what inspired my card today and am entering it into the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge (MOJO313) this week. Check out the sketch and play along!
- I wanted a rustic card and found the perfect paper in the Soho Subway DSP. This led me to choose the rest of the colors (listed below).
- I distressed the edges of paper with the great Stampin’ Up! Distress Tool, a must-have tool that is easy on the budget ($4.95).
- Banners were easily made by using the hexagon punch on the ends.
- The vines were quickly punched out with the Bird Builder punch.
- Secret Garden is another must-have due to its coordinating framelits and I just heat embossed the flower with white embossing powder.
- The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts, which has all of the sentiments you couldn’t find elsewhere, then framed with the small oval punch, scallop punch and Decorative Label punch.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Secret Garden, A Dozen Thoughts
- Paper: Soho Subway DSP, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral cardstocks
- Ink: Basic Gray, VersaMark
- Cool Tools: Big Shot, Heat Tool, Distress Tool, Secret Garden Framelits, Bird Builder Punch, Small Oval Punch, Small Scallop Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Hexagon Punch
- Finishing Touch: White Embossing Powder, dimensionals
My daughter ooohed over this card and said that it reminded her of a rainy day. What does it remind YOU of? Won’t you please leave me a comment? I love hearing from you! I will be back later with the winner of the Blog Candy Giveaway! Stay tuned and …
Keep calm and craft on!