Welcome to the start of the final Pals Blog Hop of 2013. This month we are showcasing projects featuring tools and supplies that should be on every crafter’s wish list. You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I am so happy to show you how indispensable my Big Shot is as well as give you a sneak peek of a few of the awesome new products in the new Occasions Mini catalog! This project was so much fun to do and I know you will find lots of ideas for your next stamping project. So let’s get started.
CARDS DON’T HAVE TO BE FLAT!
I started this card with new DSP, Watercolor Wonder, from the Occasions Mini catalog. The colors in this collection are stunning together! The new stamp set, People Like You, was stamped in Island Indigo and Gumball Green. I wasn’t quite sure which one I would use and I ended up using both! I punched out the sentiment in Gumball Green and popped it up. Now, did you notice the flowers?? I stamped the flower twice and cut out the petals in the front, curled them just a little and glued them to the original stamped image to give the flowers some great dimension. It really didn’t take me long at all and love the effect.
THE GIFT BOX
The start of this gift box was the DSP, which I cut with the new Starburst framelits that are sure to be a winner in your collection! I cut two each of the DSP and Island Indigo cardstock to make the top and bottom panel, and adhered them together. To complete the top, I used one sheet of Canvas Creations, folded and ran it through the Big Shot with the new Spiral Flower Originals Die to get four flowers. It was very easy to make the flowers and added a large pearl for the center. Flowers were stamped and fussy cut. The large flower was sponged with Gumball Green with a dauber for just a little color. The sentiment was stamped, then run through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents framelit.
Just one last thing, I added a little cardboard to the top so that it would fit into the bottom portion.
I hope you enjoyed my sneak peek today! If you did, would you take just a moment and leave me a comment? If you would like to see more of my stamping creations, you can sign up here for email notifications and follow me on Facebook! If there is anything I can do to help you enjoy this wonderful hobby, just send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: People Like You, Happy Watercolor
- Paper: Watercolor Wonder DSP, Island Indigo, Gumball Green & Whisper White cardstocks
- Ink: Island Indigo, Gumball Green
- Cool Tools: Big Shot, Starburst Framelits, Spiral Flower Originals Die, Apothecary Accents Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Canvas Creations, Decorative Label Punch, Basic Pearls, Large Pearls
The next stop is martie pollard at The Crafty Bandit on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next year!
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
- Sue Becker at R n R Stamping
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin Mojo
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kellys Creative Corner
- Connie Lindsey at Crafting a Joyful Life
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper <–YOU ARE HERE
- martie pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys Sol Little Time
- Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Kerry Willard Bray at stampgoodness
- Shirley Sumption at Look at my Cute Stuff
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts