Crazy, Mixed-Up Love could certainly sum up the last 25 years that I have been married! Our anniversary is coming up next week. Through thick and thin, good and bad, we have had one of those relationships that just never wavered. I think this stamp set is adorable and has the sense of humor that I am always searching for in my stamps. Have you seen it yet? I made this card to submit to the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week. It is a fantastic color challenge this week, using Island Indigo, Gold and Whisper White, and all of the design team made beautiful inspirational cards, so I decided to give it a try for my anniversary card. This is the second version but I really like how it turned out. I started with Island Indigo card base, 11″ x 4 1/4″. Next, I cut the Brushed Gold card stock to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and ran it through the Big Shot in the Stylish Stripes Textured Embossing Folder. Then, I used the new Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape in the grooves. Isn’t it perfect for that? I stamped my cute lava lamp stamp (bringing back any memories?) onto Whisper White and mounted on Island Indigo cardstock after cutting it with the new Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Boy, I love this new punch! I rounded the edges of the tag, then made a double bow with some retired ribbon that matched and added a natural button. The sentiment is from Express Yourself, which has just about every sentiment you would want to put on a card in a beautiful script font. Love it!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Crazy, Mixed-Up Love (Wood 131068 Clear 131071), Express Yourself (Wood 130336 Clear 130339), Show & Tell 2 Photopolymer (133481)
- Paper: Island Indigo (122923), Brushed Gold (102935), Whisper White (100730)
- Ink: Island Indigo (126986)
- Cool Tools: Stylish Stripes Textured Embossing Folder (132174), Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (133324), Corner Punch (119871), Small Heart (117193), Scallop Oval (119856), Modern Label (119849)
- Finishing Touch: Tea Lace Paper Doilies (129399), Island Indigo Ribbon (retired), Naturals Designer Button (127554)
This card is fast to make due to all of the tools that make this craft fun to do. If you like my card, would you please leave me a comment? I still have some dates open for workshops where you and your friends can get together at my house or yours – or just order online with a hostess code. I hope you will contact me and schedule something fun during the Sale-A-Bration. What a great way to spend your winter and stay out of the cold! Hope to hear from you soon! Until then, Stay Calm and Craft On! Debbie ♥