It is time to play with some challenges again and Polka Dot Pieces was just the stamp set to use for this super-cute sketch! You can see the sketch at Mojo Monday and play along. This card really pops with the great new DSP, Retro Fresh, in the Celebrate the Everyday catalog! I love vivid colors and this paper has lots from which to choose.
I chose this stamp set after studying the sketch. How do you choose what you are going to use? This has been my biggest learning curve in stamping. As a scrapbooker, you always start with your photos. I have had to learn to use other elements to inspire me with stamping. Sometimes it is the stamp set that I just have to use, and sometimes it is the paper that dictates which stamp set to use. I have my ebbs and flows with inspiration and it always amazes me to see the beautiful projects from other stampers. Do you have a preference or just jump in and see what you create?
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Polka Dot Pieces (Wood #129705, Clear #129708), Itty Bitty Banners (Wood #132022, Clear #126257)
- Papers: Retro Fresh DSP (#132993), Baked Brown Sugar (#131296), Coastal Cabana (#131297), Tangerine Tango (#111349), So Saffron (#105118), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: So Saffron (#126957), Tangerine Tango (#126946)
- SU Tools: Scallop Punches (#118874, #119854, #127811), Bitty Banners Framelits (#129267), Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402), Chevron Embossing Folder (#127749)
- Finishing Touch: Neutral Candy Dots (#130934), Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247) Large Pearl Basic Jewels (#125577), Baked Brown Sugar 3/8″ Ruffle Stretch Trim (#130022), In Color Boutique Details (#130938), Subtle Designer Buttons (#130030)
So, does this make you want to play along with the Mojo Monday challenge at all? I sure hope so! If you like my card today, why not leave me a comment so you can be entered into my GIANT Blog Candy Giveaway?? You will not want to miss out!
Today marks the FIRST day of SALE-A-BRATION!! I am so excited that we all have the opportunity to get FREE product with every $50 purchase! This is GREAT time to stock up on those supplies that you are wanting or running low. With this winter weather, there is no better way to stay out of the cold. You don’t even have to go outside. Want to get started? No problem! There is a bundle of products for every purpose to be creative. Let me know if you want a catalog (no obligation!) to see what great product that Stampin’ Up! offers. I hope to hear from you soon! Till then,
Keep calm and craft on!