The bee that comes in the new Springtime Hello stamp set goes so well with Flower Shop and Petite Petals, don’t you think? I have always had a fascination with bees! They are so industrious, working all of the time to make flower nectar into honey. It’s really quite amazing when you think about it. After they collect the nectar, they take it back to the hive and fan their wings to dehydrate it, which thickens it to what we eat. That is so much work! And, without bees, our food supply would be greatly diminished! Anyway, when I saw that cute little bee I knew that I would have to use it with the Honeycomb embossing folder and some pretty flowers.
I started this card out with the colors chosen for the Stampin’ Royalty challenge this week, using Real Red, Crushed Curry, and Island Indigo. I then combined the colors with the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. Those colors are beautiful together but I wanted to make something less bright so I kept the dominant color Whisper White and made the flowers pop right off the card, literally (with dimensionals). You can never have enough birthday cards so the sentiment from Express Yourself was perfect with that font for this elegant, floral card.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Flower Shop (wood #130939/clear #130942), Petite Petals (wood #133152/clear #133155), Springtime Hello (wood #133412/clear #133415), Express Yourself (wood #130336/clear #130339)
- Paper: Island Indigo (#122923), Real Red (#102482), Crushed Curry (#131199), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: Island Indigo (#126986), Real Red (#126949), Crushed Curry (#131173)
- SU Tools: Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976), Honeycomb Embossing Folder (#129378), Chalk Talk Framelits (#129983), Bitty Banners Framelits (#129267), Apothecary Accents Framelits (#127003), Deco Labels Framelits (#130102)
- Finishing Touch: Regals Candy Dots (#130932), Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247)
I hope you liked my card today! It was easy to assemble due to the coordinating stamps and punches! The Petite Petals stamp set and punch are 15% off if you order them together (wood #134821/clear #134822). And did you know that Stampin’ Up! has restocked the Clearance Rack? You can use this LINK to see what is new! While you are there, check out the Weekly Deals as well. Sale-A-Bration is in full swing! This is a great time to put in that Wish List you have and earn some great FREE products. Please let me know if you have any questions, because I would love to help. Till then,
Keep calm and craft on!