I think the Mosaic Madness stamp set is more than just a set to make holiday ornaments, which is what I have seen it used for the most. Australian stamper, Helen Greco (www.helenscarddesigns.wordpress.com) made it into a 3-D flower and I fell in love with it! I set out to CASE her flower and think I came pretty close.
It was quite easy to make, punching each design 5 times, then scoring them down the middle. I used one of the retired bottle caps to use as a base, adding dimensionals before laying down my first layer. I then added more dimensionals and folded the punches so they would stand up a little. Once they were in place I added the last layer with dimensionals. I ended up using hot glue to secure the layers so they wouldn’t come loose. A button with a glimmer brad was added to the middle of the flower. Here is a close-up of the flower itself:
I am hoping to submit this card to two different challenges: Pals Paper Arts is having a color challenge this week with Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green and Whisper White. The second challenge is SUO Challenges, with a challenge to use punches this week. I am really excited to join these two great challenges!
To continue my obsession with the card interior, here is a photo. I am keeping it generic so it can be used for whatever occasion I need in the future.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Mosaic Madness (Wood #130246, Clear #130249), Banner Blast (Wood #133551, Clear #133554)
- Paper: Watercolor Wonder (#132994), Gumball Green (#126940), Pumpkin Pie (#105117), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie (#126945), Gumball Green (#126861)
- SU Tools: Mosaic Punch (#131267), Banner Punch(#133519), Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder (#129984)
- Finishing Touch: 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126848), 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (#119253), Brights Designer Button (#130028), Brights Glimmer Brads (#121006), Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247)
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, would you please leave me a comment? When you do, you are automatically entered into my February Blog Candy Giveaway! And, while you are at it, don’t forget to sign up for email notifications and “like” my Facebook page! I hope you are staying warm and can find some time to play with your favorite punches! Till then,
Keep calm and craft on!