It’s Thursday and time to challenge myself with the Pals Paper Arts, using Betsy’s Blossoms stamp set. I am still working with the half of my stampin’ supplies at home instead of what I took with me to Ann Arbor. Oh, well! This has been a great opportunity to play with those stamp sets that I couldn’t live without but never used. I love this set and have no excuse why I haven’t used it yet. It looks great with the PPA challenges colors, don’t you think? Their challenge was to use Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder and Smoky Slate, which look great together, don’t you think?
I started the challenge by pulling out the Afternoon Picnic DSP. It looks great against the Smoky Slate cardstock since it has a gray distressed look on the edges. I stamped the flowers in all three colors onto Whisper White. The adorable bird was stamped twice in Wisteria Wonder and fussy cut, and the extra bird was used to pop up the wing. Then I stamped another flower and popped up the layers. A banner was cut from the new banner framelit, and ribbon was adhered underneath it. Isn’t that “hi” wonderful? It is from the Label Card thinlits framelits and the word bubble is the perfect way to to add more layers. The final touch are the pearls and the navy candy dots.
- Stamp Set: Betsy’s Blossoms (wood #131955, clear #126006)
- Paper: Afternoon Picnic DSP (#131390), Night of Navy (#100867), Wisteria Wonder (#122922), Smoky Slate (#131202), Whisper White
- Ink: Night of Navy (#126970), Wisteria Wonder (#126985), Basic Gray (#126981)
- SU Tools: Banners Framelits (#132173), Word Bubble Framelits (#132968), Label Card Thinlits (#133479)
- Finishing Touch: Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon (#131152), Whisper White 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (#109070), Regals Candy Dots (#130932), Pearls Basic Jewels (#119247)
I hope you found something in my card that you can use and incorporate into your stamping projects. If you did, I would love you to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! This is a great color challenge so get going and submit your card! Let me know if you need any help. If you are looking for a demonstrator, please consider me. I will give you great customer service and if you have any upcoming event that needs invitations, placards or table decorations, I would be so happy to help! This is a great time to place an order for all of the items on your wish list! Sale-A-Bration will be ending on March 31st so get your list finalized quickly and either email me or click on my SHOP button and save! Come back Sunday to see my very special project! Till then,