I love a challenge and The Paper Players really was a good one this week! I am glad that they specified that I could use any shape because I took that quite literally. I think that Peaceful Petals met that challenge quite well! This card started out a couple times before I settled on how to proceed. First, the challenge asked for a trim on the outer edge so I decided to use my Gumball Green ribbon for a subtle look. I then stamped that beautiful flower with VersaMark and Midnight Muse onto Summer Starfruit and heat embossed, then fussy-cut it out (sure could use a framelit for that one!). I stamped a couple of the leaves in Gumball Green then filled it in lightly with a blender pen. I love the butterflies from the Best of Butterflies Stamp Set! (This set is only available for one more week so click on my SHOP button if you are interested!) You know how much I love coordinating stamp sets and punches because it makes your card-making super fast and easy. Four Frames and the Decorative Label Punch have been around for quite awhile and they are perfect together.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Peaceful Petals (wood #133104 clear #133107), Best of Butterflies (clear #133345), Express Yourself (’13-’14 Hostess: wood #130336, clear #130339), Four Frames (wood #128589, clear #123442)
- Paper: Midnight Muse (#126843), Summer Starfruit (126839), Gumball Green (#126840), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: VersaMark, Midnight Muse (#126860), Gumball Green (#126861)
- SU Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526), Decorative Label Punch (#120907), Arrows Embossing Folder (#132187)
- Finishing Touch: Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126848), In Color Dahlias (#127556), Pearls Basic Jewels (#119247), Gold Baker’s Twine (#132975)
Submitting your cards to challenges is so much fun and keeps the creative juices flowing! I hope you like this one and would love to hear your comments. I hope you are all stocked up on your SAB products now because they will soon be gone forever. If there is anything you need assistance with, I would love to be the demonstrator you feel comfortable with. I love Stampin’ Up! and plan to be here for many years to come. I can’t imagine not being able to play with paper! I can help you find your passion for paper, too! Until then,