I promised more inspiration with Summer Silhouettes! Today I am entering this card into three different challenges. Pals Paper Arts has a very nice color challenge, using Summer Starfruit, Pool Party and Old Olive. Viva la Verve has a great sketch challenge and The Card Concept has a theme using butterflies. I think my style is Clean & Layered.
Whew! So you now see just what a challenge this was for my card today. How do you start your cards? Today I started by pulling out all of the possible cardstock and DSP. I settled on Polka Dot Parade in Old Olive and High Tide in Summer Starfruit since they had nice patterns that didn’t compete with each other. Then I went through my ribbons and immediately went for the new Summer Starfruit 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. Isn’t it beautiful? I love coordinating the 1/8″ ribbons with the wider ribbons so I layered it on top of the Summer Starfruit ribbon in Old Olive. The next step was playing with the stamps – my FAVORITE part! I so love these stamp sets together! For the butterfly I stamped onto Summer Starfruit cardstock with VersaMark then heat embossed with Pool Party. A card isn’t complete without a few embellishments of pearls and the adorable dahlias. DONE! This card went together super fast with the use of punches and framelits. I hope you will play in your craft room and give any of these challenges a try!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Summer Silhouettes (wood #132082, clear #126447), Love You to the Moon (wood #133140, clear #133143), Best of Butterflies (retired)
- Paper: Polka Dot Parade (#126902), High Tide (132992), Old Olive (#100702), Summer Starfruit (#126839), Pool Party (#122924), Whisper White (#100730)
- Ink: Old Olive (#126953), Pool Party (#126982), VersaMark (#102283)
- SU Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526), Chalk Talk Framelits (#129983)
- Finishing Touch: Pool Party Emboss Powder, Pearls Basic Jewels, In Color Dahlias, Summer Starfruit 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive 1/8″ Ribbon
Did you like my card today? If so, I would love to hear from you! Your comments are so important to me AND they also enter you into my blog candy giveaway this month! You should all be stocked up on your great Sale-A-Bration goodies and playing to your heart’s content! I know I am!! Till next time,