Mother’s Day is this Sunday! It’s always a special day in my house. I always get woken up to breakfast in bed and a wonderful cup of coffee. As I try to focus my eyes, I read the wonderful cards that my two beautiful kids and fantastic husband have chosen to express their gratitude. I don’t have many memories of Mother’s Day when I was growing up but I so hope that my mother felt as special as I do on this day.
My card today will be entered into the Pals Paper Arts color challenge this week, using Cajun Craze, Night of Navy and Very Vanilla. I will also enter into The Paper Player’s Mother’s Day challenge. I started by cutting and embossing the background papers with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. I then embossed Night of Navy with the Stripes Embossing Folder for even more texture. Cajun Craze was cut and then punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch, then Crochet trim attached. I love this ribbon and it is retiring this month so I made sure to order more! Why would I order more of it? Just look at that pretty bow! I stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen, perfect for this card (also retiring!), and the large flower from Polka Dot Pieces and the small flowers are Petite Petals. Buttons and Candy Dots were added and this card is done!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Delightful Dozen, Petite Petals, Polka-Dot Pieces
- Paper: Night of Navy, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Cajun Craze, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Stripes Embossing Folder, Petite Petals Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch
- Finishing Touch: Regals Candy Dots, Regals Designer Buttons, 5/8″ Crochet Trim, Linen Thread, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, Project Life Corner Rounder
- Retiring Products (order before they’re gone forever!): A Dozen Thoughts, Stripes Embossing Folder, 5/8″ Crochet Trim