The Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who coordinate the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew are such a great group and they sure know how to keep me on my toes! This week’s challenge was: “DSP/Color Focus: daffodil delight, island indigo, gumball green, smoky slate – Use a technique of your choosing that imitates our watercolor wonder designer papers.” First of all, I was really at a loss on how to imitate this DSP (watercoloring doesn’t come easy to me!) but I decided that making the chevron DSP was something I could try. I got out my Chevron embossing folder and inked it up with Midnight Muse, then ran it through the Big Shot for instant color and texture – perfect combo! Because it didn’t come out perfectly and I am a perfectionist, so I trimmed it up and layered it onto the Daffodil Delight cardstock that was embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Then it was just a matter of inking and punching out flowers and making a banner from that wonderfully textured burlap ribbon. I have been wanting to use the wooden embellishments so I versamarked and inked the sentiment, then heat embossed, and this card was finished!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Mixed Bunch, Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Happy Watercolor
- Paper: Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
- Ink: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, VersaMark,
- SU Tools: Chevron Emboss Folder, Square Lattice Emboss Folder, Blossom, Pansy and Petite Petals Punches
- Finishing Touch: Burlap Ribbon, Brights Designer Buttons, Large Pearls, Dahlias, Brights Candy Dots,Clear Emboss Powder, Wooden Elements
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (never more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,