This is probably my favorite stamp set ever! Simply Sketched is a classic to me – it can be left stamped or watercolored, heat embossed, fussy cut – you name it, it will look great! I am so sorry that it is leaving Stampin’ Up! but I doubt I will ever be able to let it go. I just love it too much!
I made this card for a fellow Pretty Pal, when we attended the very first Stampin’ Up! Premiere launching the new catalog that is coming out in June. My friend, Bobbi, and I were super-excited to be attending this event together so we went to dinner and swapped cards made from items from the retirement list. Can you pick them out? This card started out picking out the In-Color I haven’t used too much, Primrose Petals. I then embossed the Crumb Cake cardstock and rubbed it well with Crumb Cake ink to weather it up a bit. I stamped the leaves with Old Olive and colored with a blender pen (don’t try to be perfect!). I versamarked the flower, then inked with Crumb Cake and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I layered the flower with Primrose Petals and Old Olive, letting it dry between layers, with a finish of an outline in Crumb Cake ink. If you see any retiring product you need to purchase, items are selling out fast so you better hurry!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Simply Sketched, Express Yourself
- Paper: Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Crumb Cake, VersaMark, Old Olive, Primrose Petals
- SU Tools: Circle Card Thinlits, Scallop Oval Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Lattice Square Embossing Folder
- Finishing Touch: Natural Trim Ribbon, Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
- Retiring Products: Simply Sketch and Express Yourself stamp sets, Primrose Petals (2012-14 In Colors), Lattice Square Embossing Folder, 7/16″ Trim Ribbon, Clear Emboss Powder
I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (never more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,