Welcome to the July Pals Blog Hop. This month we are featuring a New Hues Review. Let the new Stampin’ Up! In Colors for 2014-16 inspire you – Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, and Tangelo Twist. We hope you find great inspiration from our creations.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
You know how much I love this Tea Party stamp set and I couldn’t wait to see how the new In Colors worked with it. This card started by stamping the flower from Choose Happiness with Mossy Meadow then heat embossing the leaf stamp with white embossing powder. I rubbed Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey in circular motion with a sponge until I got the look I wanted. The stamp from Tea Party was stamped in Lost Lagoon, the Oval Framelit was used to cut it out then another in Hello Honey. Have you started using the Fast Fuse adhesive yet? It is great for holding my many layers together and especially the ribbons! The new crochet ribbon is so much fun to use, so you will be seeing more cards with it from me in the future.
I wanted a gift to hold some of the great teas I got in Turkey so the Muslin bag was the perfect size. Lost Lagoon was used for the adorable Tea Party stamp and Hello Honey for the leaves, then a sweet little bow in Lost Lagoon to finish it off. It really doesn’t get easier than that!! I just added some ribbons around the cording and the precious tea cup from the “vintage” Tea Time Trinkets. Yep, I hoarded those for special occasions!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Choose Happiness, Tea Party
- Paper: Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits, Distress Tool
- Finishing Touch: Venetian Crochet Trim, Pearls Basic Jewels, Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon, Muslin Bag, Tea Time Trinkets (retired)
So, I hope you liked my card and gift bag today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (never more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. The next stop is Amy Hoptay at inkingofyou.com on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you soon.
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper ⇐⇐⇐⇐You’re Here!
- Amy Hoptay at inkingofyou.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Cheryl McAskill at A Stampin’ Holiday
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- September Gray at Septembergray.com
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com