Welcome to the September Pals Blog Hop. This month we are showing off our favorite new products from the new Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner, #7 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I will never be able to choose a favorite product because I truly love (and WANT) everything! So, I have a great project for you so that your holiday cards will be extraordinary as well as quick and easy! The stamp sets and coordinating framelits make card-making a snap! You will be able to make all of your cards and still have time for all of the cool gift-wrapping ideas in the new catalog. Who knows – you might just be able to get all of your holiday duties done early so that you can enjoy yourself this year!
I used the DSP Card Set technique to make these four cards. I think that they really turned out great and every card can look a little different from the next. You can embellish them as much or as little as you want. Below are the rest of cards in the set. The first one is the simplest and very fast to put together. You can easily make several cards with this design and can even be mailed without paying extra postage. The remaining cards have more layers and embellishments, which you could make for those very special people in your life!
DSP CARD SET TUTORIAL
I made a technique tutorial for the DSP Card Set for you today. If you haven’t heard of it, give it a go because It’s lots of fun! This can be used for any and all of your favorite DSP, so don’t limit this to just the holidays!
1. Choose four patterns of coordinating DSP. Mine were chosen from the new DSP stack, Trim the Tree.
2. Trim them to the size you want for your card (mine were cut to 3.5″x4.75″). Then cut them vertically just off center, and then again horizontally so that one side is longer than the other. No need to measure – just “eyeball” it!
3. Now the fun part – lay them down on the cardbase and once you are happy with them, start adhering. Don’t forget that the DSP has two sides!
4. Once you have completed that step, you can stamp and decorate to your heart’s content!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Mingle All the Way, White Christmas, Festival of Trees, Bright & Beautiful, Wondrous Wreath
- Paper: Trim the Tree DSP Stack, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Stripes Emboss Folder, Tiny Triangles Emboss Folder, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Banner Framelits, Banner Punch, Tree Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Starburst Framelit
- Finishing Touch: Blendabilities pens (Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler), 1 1/4″ Burlap Ribbon, Whisper White 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon, Venetian Crochet Trim, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Regals Candy Dots, Regals Designer Buttons, Gold Basic Metal Buttons, Large Pearls (retired)
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time.
The next stop is the very talented Katy McGloin at Just fun Stamping, #8 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon.
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper ⇐⇐ YOU ARE HERE
- Katy McGloin at Just fun Stamping
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Shannon Jaramillo at www.EZPeasyCards.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- September Gray at SeptemberGray.com
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery