Happy Friday! I have had this card, made with the I Like You stamp set, swimming in my head ever since I saw this beautiful card by my upline, Katy McGloin. Color etching is so much fun! I really love the drama it creates with black ink on Whisper White but the little voice in my head just kept telling me to try it on a pastel cardstock with coordinating ink, so I tried this technique on Pool Party cardstock and the Island Indigo marker. The image was then fussy cut, mounted on a nice big flower made from Floral Frames Collection Framelits, Scallop Circle Punch, and 2″ Circle Punch. The rest of the card is pretty straight forward, I think. I just layered different elements together. This is the first time that I used the new mini-stapler and I really liked it! I thought you might like to compare the color etching in black and white with the one on my card. Here is the practice image I did before doing it on pool party:
Do you have a preference between the two styles? I personally think it depends on the look you are going after, but would like your opinion! I will be submitting this card to the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge this week – a very nice sketch that can make your focal point take center stage.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: I Like You
- Paper: Park Lane DSP, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party
- SU Tools: Floral Frames Collections Framelits, 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 2″ Circle Punch, Lovely Lace Emboss Folder, Tiny Triangles Emboss Folder, Hexagon Punch (for banners)
- Finishing Touch: Island Indigo Marker, Pearl Basic Jewels, Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon, Calypso Coral 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon, Soft Sky 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Subtles Designer Buttons
- I am offering FREE SHIPPING if you place an order with me in the month of September! That is 10% off your merchandise total! No minimum order required! If you place an order for $300, you would save $30 in shipping alone, plus qualify for $50 in free merchandise AND receive the free stamp set, Good Greetings (see #3 for details). That’s a lot of SAVINGS! Please contact me when you are ready to place your order or if you have any questions!
- Weekly Deals: Check out this latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Now until Oct. 31, you will be able to earn an exclusive Good Greetings Stamp Set when your party reaches $300 -that’s in addition to the other exciting benefits! This versatile stamp set covers holidays from Halloween to Valentines and more.
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,