Welcome to the October Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating an early Halloween and Harvest season. This month we are sharing Halloween and fall projects using our wonderful Stampin’ Up! supplies.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com, #22 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Don’t you just love this time of year when the leaves are changing into beautiful colors?! It is my absolute favorite time of year, which is why I thought this was the perfect time to learn the baby wipe technique. Why I hadn’t tried this before, I will never know! It is so much fun and you can’t do it wrong – no matter how you do it. I used this Splitcoaststampers Baby Wipe tutorial to stamp the trees in Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.
The card in a box is one of the coolest cards you will ever make! I made this one a little larger so I could accommodate more trees. It is very fun and easy to make and the larger size allows more room for stamped images. The adorable houses were colored with Blendabilities, of course! Once the houses and trees were in place, it was a snap to decorate the three flaps with the new Autumn Wooden Elements, Regal Designer Buttons, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and Linen Thread.
The disadvantage of the card in a box is where you can sign it! Here is my solution to that little problem. This is the back of the card where I have made a little pocket so you can insert a tag. This card becomes a gift and home decor!
Of course, you know that I love to make coordinating sets so with the baby wipe technique I used the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and the Wonderful Wreath framelits. With the second wreath stamp, I versamarked and heat embossed the leaves in Gold Embossing Powder for some shimmer from the tealight. Here they are together:
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Set: Holiday Home, Festival of Trees, Mingle All the Way, Wondrous Wreath
- Paper: Under the Tree Specialty DSP, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Reinkers: Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive; Cherry Cobbler, Memento Black
- SU Tools: Homemade Holiday Framelits, Tree Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, Project Life Corner Punch
- Finishing Touch: Blendabilities: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Old Olive; Autumn Wooden Elements, Regals Designer Buttons, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Linen Thread, Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape, Gold 1/8″ Ribbon, Venetian Crochet Trim, Baked Brown Sugar Stretch Ribbon Trim (retired)
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time.
The next stop is Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn, #24 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon.
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Amy Whelan at Amys Inklings
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper ⇐⇐ You are here!
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Sherrie Gross at Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sherrie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com