Welcome back to the second Retro Rubber Challenge! I am having more fun than I really expected to, pulling out my old stamp sets. This is an old stamp set and I was so new into Stampin’ Up! that I can’t tell you more than I was drawn to the look of fall and envisioned using it someday. Well, that day finally came! The challenge was to use any green, brown with white or vanilla.
This card started out by heat embossing the stamped image with VersaMark and Soft Suede ink then Clear Embossing powder (my favorite way to avoid the little flecks of emboss powder issue). Wild Wasabi was cut to size then cut with the Oval Collections Framelit. While I was at my Big Shot, I went ahead to cut an Oval Framelit frame in Soft Suede. The Wild Wasabi was run through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain Emboss Folder then sponged with Crumb Cake ink. They were popped up with dimensionals over the stamped tree image. I couldn’t find just the right card base for this card so do you know where I turned to find it? If you guessed my Paper Pumpkin stash, you would be right! The card base and the banners were from the Hey Man Paper Pumpkin kit and it was perfect for this fall card! The sentiment is from the current stamp set Gratitude for Days. Leaves from the Bird Builder Punch and flowers from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack were punched and arranged around the oval image. The Final Touch was the Baker’s Twine in Early Espresso and Nashua yarn dyed in Mossy Meadow, tied into a sweet little bow with some pearls for that last small touch. This was such a fun card to make! I hope you will join the Retro Rubber Challenge! Here are the details:
•Use older stamps. We suggest stamps older than 1 year.
•Follow the challenge given for the time period.
•Post your creation to your blog or online gallery. If you use an online gallery, please use the Keyword RRBC02
•Link back to the blog using the InLinkz by the November 28th.
•Enter as many times as you like.
Our Top Five Favorites – The Fab Five, will be posted on Sunday, November 30th. Our Winner will have the option to play along with a future challenge!
- Stamp Sets: Gratitude for Days (current), Leaves of a Tree (retired)
- Paper: May Paper Pumpkin card base, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
- Ink: VersaMark, Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi
- SU Tools: Woodgrain TIEF, Oval Collections Framelits, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- Finishing Touch: Early Espresso Baker’s Twine, Neutrals Candy Dots, Pearl Basic Jewels
- New! Holiday Catalog Supplement Check out the new items that are only available while supplies last!
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,