I love Thanksgiving! It is one of those holidays that continues to be about being with those you love. I know that the Ornamental Pine Stamp Set has Christmas-themed sentiments but I thought it was perfect for a beautiful Thanksgiving card. I am submitting this card to the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week.
This card started out by stamping the pine needles in Old Olive then using a dauber to stamp the branch area in Early Espressso. I stamped the pine cone as well and fussy cut it out because I wanted it to extend over the edge. After adding a layer of Old Olive, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots Emboss Folder. To add Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry, I simply layered them together and then ran them through the Big Shot with the retired Square Lattice Emboss Folder (one of my most favorite folders to add texture!). I wasn’t very pleased with the card base so I added a layer of Very Vanilla, ran it through the Big Shot as well in the new Filigree Frame Emboss Folder. Lots of texture but don’t you love the results?!
The sentiment from the October Paper Pumpkin kit was stamped in Pumpkin Pie. I love its simplicity! The banner was cut twice, once for the sentiment, then again in Pumpkin Pie. I layered Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon with Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, then popped the sentiment up with dimensionals. Still I felt like the card needed a little more so I stamped a couple more pine cones in Soft Suede, fussy-cut them out then added a sweet little Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon bow. The final touch was just a couple tiny pearls on the sentiment. So, what do you think is the best detail on my card?
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Ornamental Pine, October ’14 Paper Pumpkin kit stamp set
- Paper: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie
- SU Tools: Filigree Frame TIEF, Decorative Dots TIEF, Square Lattice TIEF (retired), Bitty Banner Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon, Old Olive 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels
- Take a look at the Holiday Catalog Supplement These are new holiday items and are only available while supplies last!
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft and makes a wonderful gift! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,