What a great day today is! It is the second week of Retro Rubber’s first challenge and you get to see the rest of the design team’s cards. Retro Rubber Blog Challenge is all about using your very favorite OLD stamps, current or retired. You can use them with old or new supplies – whatever you choose! I personally love the idea of giving my old stamps new life with all of the wonderful NEW products that Stampin’ Up! has to offer!
- Use older stamps. We suggest stamps older than 1 year.
- Follow the challenge given for the time period.
- Post your creation to your blog or online gallery. If you use an online gallery, please use the Keyword RRBC01
- Link back to the blog using the InLinkz by the November 14th.
- Enter as many times as you like.
Our Top Five Favorites – The Fab Five, will be posted on Sunday, November 16th. Our Winner will have the option to play along with a future challenge!
So, my stampin’ story started when I moved to Grand Rapids in 2003 and joined a Newcomer’s Women’s group to meet new people. There was a crafting group and we eventually did some stamping activities around 2005. I decided that stamping was fun and it would be a welcome change from stickers in my scrapbooks. So I would buy all of the nautical themed stamp sets because my family always goes to the beach on vacations. I must admit that I collected them and didn’t have any idea what in the world to do with them for quite awhile! LOL I joined Stampin’ Up! in 2011 when my sister Katy McGloin went to her first Stampin’ Up! convention. She twisted my arm to join (just a little) and I couldn’t be happier that she did. This is definitely the most fun I have ever had and with the best group that I could possibly hope to be part of!
Our very first challenge is about digging out one of our oldest stamp sets. One of my very first stamp sets was Seaside Sketches. I have used it in the past but was never quite satisfied with the results I got using watercoloring or markers. I always thought I would eventually find a way to do it justice so I was really happy to bring it back out for my very first Retro Rubber challenge! I think I finally got the coloring just the way I wanted, using my Blendabilities Pens. I kept these cards on the “Clean and Simple” side – no need to clutter up such sweet images. In this photo, I used the On Film Framelits so that it would look like it was right out of someone’s photo album.
Of course, you know me, I can’t stop once I am on a roll! I really did enjoy inking up all of the stamps and coloring them in an all new way. Instead of just using one color group, I mixed them up to get new colors. The blendies pens are easily the best new item in the catalog this year! I have them right at my fingertips so that I can play with them as much as possible. I know that my old stamps are going to look better than ever with the blendies breathing new life into them!
My favorite card is the simplest of them all. Maybe it is the love I feel between the two images – I am always an emotional mess when I see a loving father with his kids! I left this one at a bare minimum so that one just focuses on those two enjoying a moment in the sun together.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Seaside Sketches
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Night of Navy, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Memento Black
- SU Tools: On Film Framelits, Artisan Label Punch
- Finishing Touch: Rich Razzleberry 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon, Candy Dots, Night of Navy Satin Ribbon (retired), Tempting Turquoise Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine
- Blendabilities Pens: Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Skin Tone Assortment
- New! Holiday Catalog Supplement Check out the new items that are only available while supplies last!
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try and, if you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscriptions are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my cards today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,