I have been waiting patiently to be inspired to use the What’s Your Type? stamp set. I was a little intimidated by it but after returning from my trip to Atlanta, I was in a slump. I needed something to get my mojo going again. I decided to take a BIG bite so I got this set out. I made this plaque for Nora, who is the almost 3 year old daughter of my husband’s cousin. They moved to Michigan a year ago and into a house in my neighborhood. Needless to say, I have fallen in love with this adorable little girl and now consider her to be my “granddaughter.” Well, she calls me “Aunt Debbie,” but that’s pretty close to Grandma, right?! She loves the color pink (like most girls do at that age) so I started this project by choosing Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz as my color scheme.
The stamp set is lots of fun to use. I sorta did my own thing with it and like how it turned out. Then I pulled out Kinda Eclectic and stamped the wonderful sun, leaves and butterflies. I wanted to layer the leaves with flowers so I started stamping and punching till I was satisfied. Well, I played with those flowers for so long! I ended up layering them and mixing up the different colors as well as curling the petals with a bone folder. Here is another view:
To make this into a wall hanging, I mounted it onto a piece of cardboard (don’t ever throw it out from your kits or DSP – it really can come in handy!). The ribbon from which the plaque is hanging is retired but so perfect for a little girl’s room, don’t you think?
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Finished Size: 11 1/4″ x 8 5/8″
- Stamped Area Size: 9 3/4″ x 7 1/4″
- Stamp Sets: What’s Your Type, Kinda Eclectic, Mixed, Bunch, Petite Petals, Flower Shop
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Whisper White
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight
- SU Tools: Bitty Butterfly Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Blossom Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Pansy Punch
- Finishing Touch: Brights Designer Buttons, Large Rhinestones (retired), Basic Rhinestone Jewels, 1 1/4″ Two tone ribbon (retired)
- New! Holiday Catalog Supplement Check out the new items that are only available while supplies last!
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my project today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,