Nature Silhouettes was one of the very first stamp sets that I bought when I started stamping. I love nature and deer and wolves are certainly on my list of favorite animals on earth (if I could even attempt a list!). Retro Rubber has a great color challenge for us for the next two weeks. You can use any shade of blue with silver and white. This combination made me want to go completely natural in my card design. My card started by heat embossing the deer with VersaMark and Crumb Cake ink, then using clear embossing powder to set it. I love this technique since it opens up the possibilities of ink colors that I can use. I then stamped the tree in Early Espresso. The moon was made by masking off with a circle made out of a post-it note with the circle punch, and sponged over the area with Smoky Slate ink. Once finished with the stamped image, I started adding layers, and ran one through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain Emboss Folder and the largest through the Stylish Stripes Emboss Folder. The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy ink. The finishing touch was adding some Smoky Slate Candy Dots and Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon that was spritzed with alcohol, wadded into a ball and allowed to dry before wrapping it around the cardstock and tied into a bow.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Nature Silhouettes, Scenic Season
- Paper: Night of Navy, Brushed Silver, Whisper White
- Ink: Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Stylish Stripes TIEF, Woodgrain TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Clear Emboss Powder, Neutrals Candy Dots, Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon
- New! Holiday Catalog Supplement Check out the new items that are only available while supplies last!
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,