Baby cards are perfect for a “Clean & Simple” card, in my opinion. The Design Team at The Paper Players not only has a CAS challenge but it must be with a sentiment. I am not very confident in my CAS instincts but that is what challenges are for and I have done my best in staying within the criteria. At least I can truthfully say that this card is CAS for ME! LOL
This card started when I heard the announcement that an acquaintance in my community just had a baby. I had only just realized that she was expecting (baby #5). She is one of those incredibly lucky women who never look pregnant. When I found out two weeks ago, she only looked to be about 5-6 months along! Wow! As much as I loved being pregnant, no one would have actually thought I wasn’t. Every part of me wore it like a neon sign! But I digress…
I chose an older stamp set in my photopolymer collection called Countless Sayings. There are two of them that have really great sentiments. Have you seen them? I believe that both are still available. I stamped “Sweet” onto Whisper White then “blendied” it with Coastal Cabana. Next, I inked just the word “baby” from one of the stamps in B.Y.O.P. in Memento Black, stamped it above the image and then inked it again in Coastal Cabana and stamped just off to the right. Once it was cut with the Apothecary Accents framelit, I adhered it to the Best Year Ever DSP, then used the Heart Punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack through both layers of paper to allow the Basic Black to show. The retired Coastal Cabana Stretch Trim (LOVE this trim!) was adhered down then everything placed on the Basic Black layer. The sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Simply Wonderful (already getting quite the workout) was stamped in black and then the Bitty Banners framelit was used to cut it out and the other colors for fun and interest. Lastly, a few little rhinestones were added because I just love BLING! I hope you will play along with LeAnne’s great CAS challenge this week! Here’s how:
- Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
- Have fun!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Countless Sayings 2, B.Y.O.P, Simply Wonderful
- Paper: Best Year Ever, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black, Coastal Cabana
- SU Tools: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- Finishing Touch: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Coastal Cabana Stretch Trim (retired)
- It is Sale-A-Bration Time! What does that mean?
- For every $50 you spend – on ANY stamping products (yes, even products on sale) qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!! Plus, your order over $150 will still qualify for Host Dollars!!
- To make it even better, if your workshop or personal order is over $250, Stampin’ Up! will give you an EXTRA $25!!!
- Contact me to get a workshop scheduled! I would love for you to get the wonderful benefits of your friends’ enthusiasm for this great sale! NOW IS THE TIME to get together with your friends and have some crafting fun! Click on the catalog covers to the right or on my SALE button and see all of the great products! If you would rather have a catalog that you can hold in your hands, contact me and I will send you a catalog FREE. When you place an order and qualify for a Sale-A-Bration item, I will send you another product FREE!
- Secret Stamper Reward Program Revealed!! Here are the details:
- Place an on-line order.
- For every $50 of product purchased (before shipping and tax), you earn 1 SS Reward.
- Product totals exclude shipping & handling, sales tax and any amounts paid toward items in the host rewards program (including supplements to Hostess Dollars and 50% off items).
- You still earn host rewards for product orders over $150.
- YOU are responsible for tracking your orders and SS Rewards.
- Once you earn 10 SS Rewards, email me at [email protected] with your merchandise totals and the stamp set (must be less than $25. Host stamps are excluded) you would like to order.
- I’ll confirm your qualifying customer orders and send your free stamp set of $25 or less (please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery after the order is placed).
- SS Rewards do not expire as long as I can verify your orders through Stampin’ Up! This program begins with orders placed after January 1, 2014.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change.
- Paper Pumpkin Pre-Paid Subscription SALE! PP is a great way to craft and the 3 month pre-paid subscription is only $54.85! That’s $5.10 off the regular price!! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE!
- Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,