Happy New Year!
I decided to shake things up to start 2015 – with a shaker card! I have never made one of these cards before, but I have always wanted to give it a try. The sequins were a very nice item to use! I am submitting this card to the first Pals Paper Arts challenge for the year, using Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder and Silver – a very pretty combination!
The card was really quite easy to make. After adding all of the cardbase layers, running the brushed silver through the Big Shot in the Filigree Frame TIEF. The shaker is made with the Starburst Framelits, and layered with the Deco Label Framelits and textured with the Decorative Dots TIEF. The sentiment was stamped again in Night of Navy ink and the banner was fussy cut and glued onto the Window sheet. Before everything was assembled, I trimmed the rubber from the stamp set to fit around the Starburst circle to pop it up. The sequins were added over the sentiment and then everything was glued down with Tombow. Let it dry before you play with it! Otherwise, the sequins could get stuck to the glued areas and won’t shake!
The last part was adding two ribbons, Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon and Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon was layered over it. The sentiment from Hip Notes was stamped, punched and layered over the Scallop Oval Punch, then popped up onto the ribbon. A pretty Navy bow was made and glued down to the top of the card and sequins with Candy Dots added to the ribbon for that little touch that always goes a long way!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Starburst Sayings, Hip Notes
- Paper: Brushed Silver, Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Whisper White
- Ink: VersaMark, Silver Metallic Encore, Night of Navy
- SU Tools: Filigree Frame TIEF, Decorative Dots TIEF, Deco Label Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch
- Finishing Touch: Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon, Night of Navy Seam Binding Ribbon, Frosted Sequins, Subtles Candy Dots, Clear Embossing Powder
- Paper Pumpkin is a great way to craft! It is always the highlight of my day when it arrives in my mailbox! Exclusive, quality products with everything you need included in the kit! Give it a try! If you don’t like it, I will buy the kit from you. Details about the subscription are HERE. Ready to sign up for this no risk, fully flexible program? Join Now!
- Weekly Deals: Brand new Sale every week!! Check out the latest group of products on sale HERE.
- Year End Sale has been stocked again and ends soon! Click on the Stampin’ Store in the top menu or the SHOP button on the sidebar to see all of Stampin’ Up!’s latest and greatest promotions!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). You can do both of those right here on the right sidebar of my blog. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Have a wonderful start to your new year and hope to see you here again soon!