Hello Stampers! If I had a nickel for every game of tic-tac-toe I have played in my lifetime, I would be a very rich woman right now! It is such a simple game and the one that I played with each of my children from a very early age. We especially loved the restaurants that covered the tables with that long sheet of white paper! My kids and I would barely have time to eat! The paper would be covered in large and small tic-tac-toe boards. My strategy was always the same (when they got old enough to understand and could handle losing), try to get two winning “3 in a row” so that they could block one but not the other. Why am I telling you that? Well, I did it today with my card! I bet you can see that my card fits two rows – not just one! How much fun is that?! This challenge has always been my favorite with the Paper Players and I really enjoyed this one!
There are two parts of the card that you might not be able to see without me telling you. Otherwise, if you have questions about other parts, just let me know in a comment. First, the focal flower is three layers: the first (bottom) is punched with the Flower Medallion punch (no stamping), then the second layer is stamped with Petal Potpourri, and lastly, the flowers is stamped, punched then cut into individual petals and glued on. Once that was done, I covered it with a button. That way, I was using the same stamp and punch but making the layer just a little smaller – like a real flower!
And at the bottom of the card, I was looking for a wide ribbon in Pear Pizzazz. The chevon ribbon was not wide enough so I took the Natural 7/8″ Cotton Ribbon and sponged ink on it. Then, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon was used to layer on top with the Pear Pizzazz 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon layered on top.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Petal Potpourri, World of Dreams
- Paper: So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla
- Ink: So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz
- SU Tools: Spring Flowers TIEF, Deco Label Framelits, Flower Medallion Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- Finishing Touch: Natural 7/8″ Cotton Ribbon, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Subtles Candy Dots, Very Vintage Designer Buttons
- Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
- Have fun!
I hope you’ll stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Paper Players. We would love for you to join us before the challenge closes on Friday, April 3rd at Noon (PDT).
The Paper Players Design Team
- Ann Schach
- Anne Marie Hile
- Claire Broadwater
- Joanne James
- Laurie Schmidt
- LeAnne Pugliese
- Nance Leedy
- Sandy Mathis
- Debbie Mageed (you are here)
- Karren Johnson
- Shannon Jaramillo
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,