Happy Birthday, Katy!
It is that time again. I had to come up with the perfect card for my sister who makes paper masterpieces! Talk about pressure! I always know that she would do a much better job but she knows that I do the best I can – and it’s always fun to be creative with a card that you want to be over the top. Katy is responsible for all of my stamping addiction (Thanks, Katy!) and has taught me so much. My only wish is that we could be closer so I can learn even more from her! I did some research and found a tutorial for a cascade card so decided to give it a try. Now that I have made this one, I can’t wait to do it again and already have lots of ideas. It’s really easy to make!
Cascade Card Instructions
- Cardstock: 2 6″x 8″ in chosen color(s).
- On the side that is 6″, you make a diagonal cut on one side to 4 1/4″ so the sheet will be 6″ on one side and 4 1/4″ on the other.
- Then score each sheet on the 8″ side at 2″, 4″, and 6″
- Cut one sheet on the 2″ and 6″ scores halfway up from the bottom, then cut the second sheet on the 2″ and 6″ scores and cut it to the halfway point from the top. Those slits are what holds the two pieces together.
- Now you can stamp, emboss, and decorate to your heart’s content!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Memorable Moments, Papillon Potpourri, Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Big Day
- Paper: Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
- Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana
- SU Tools: Labels Collections Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF, Bird Builder Punch, Pansy Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Perfect Print Alphabet Bigz Die, Corner Rounder Punch
- Finishing Touch: Pearl Basic Jewels, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Subtles Designer Buttons, Whisper White Cotton Ribbon (inked in Coastal Cabana), Coastal Cabana Stretch Trim Ribbon
I am entering this card to Seize the Birthday – Anything Goes.
I hope you all have had a chance to look at the retiring list by now! You can look at it HERE. There are also more items added to the Clearance Rack as well. Lots of great products at low prices!
Also, alas, my Blog Candy went unclaimed so I have picked another random winner!! The winner of the above Blog Candy is:
Jeannie Garrity, who said:
“what an awesome card–thanks for sharing it!! I have the world’s best son too–I think I’ll have to capture his essence in a card like you did for your son”
Jeannie, please email me at email@example.com in the next 48 hours with your USA mailing address.
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,