Hello Stampers!! The multi-talented Nance is hosting a wonderful challenge for you all this week – CAS Watercolor challenge. I chose Bloom with Hope for my card today because that is exactly what I feel – blooming with hope that I don’t mess up the two scariest words in stamping for me: “Watercolor” and “CAS”! Talk about a challenge!! It was a double-fister for me. I will not go into all of the messes I made before making this card. In the end, I decided to go the less stressful route and use my trusty blender pen with my absolute favorite colors, which also happen to be retiring soon. I will certainly be very excited to see what wonderful colors that Stampin’ Up! has in store for us but mourning the loss of five favorite In-Colors at the same time.
There is not much to say about this card since it is pretty CAS, especially for me. I started out deciding and cutting all of the layers with Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Shimmer White paper. I don’t get Shimmer White paper out very often and I really should! It isn’t Whisper White white nor is it Very Vanilla but somewhere in between with such a nice shimmer in it. After watercoloring the images, I separated some Coastal Cabana Baker’s Twine to make a ribbon of sorts and tied it into a bow. Simple but pretty!!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Bloom with Hope, Crazy about You
- Paper: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Shimmer White
- Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana
- SU Tools: Word Window Punch
- Finishing Touch: Coastal Cabana Baker’s Twine
I hope you’ll stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at The Paper Players. We would love for you to join us before the challenge closes on Friday, April 24th at Noon (PDT).
- Ann Schach
- Anne Marie Hile
- Claire Broadwater
- Joanne James
- Laurie Schmidt
- LeAnne Pugliese
- Nance Leedy
- Sandy Mathis
- Debbie Mageed (you are here)
- Karren Johnson
- Shannon Jaramillo
- Create a NEW paper, or digital, project.
- Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us.
- Please provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge entry.
- Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL. Entries linked to more than 3 challenges, including ours, will be deleted without notification.
- Have fun!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,