Hello Stampers! Retro Rubber Challenge Blog started a great challenge last week and you guys are loving it! Thank you to everyone who has participated! There are still a few days left to submit your cards and with a challenge like “Anything Goes” there is no excuse not to! You can go to the Retro Rubber blog to see what the design team made then submit yours by this Friday, May 8th.
Here is my card: This card started with the retiring Painted Blooms DSP. This has been my all-time favorite DSP and have stocked up for years to come! I stamped the image from Sweetbriar Rose in Memento Black then used my blender pen to color the flowers which were then fussy cut and popped up. The entire image was also fussy cut as well. The butterfly was stamped and cut with the butterflies thinlits with another butterfly in Wild Wasabi for enhancement. Did you notice the little piece of White Jute Ribbon? It is quite easy to pull apart so you can use just small strips as ribbon and you can also use one strand to thread a button. I really like it for another natural thread in my collection!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Sweetbriar Rose, Butterfly Basics, From the Herd
- Paper: Painted Blooms DSP, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
- Ink: Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Memento Black, Crushed Curry
- SU Tools: Decorative Dots TIEF, Woodgrain TIEF, Banners Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Blender Pen
- Non-SU Tools: Lil’ Inker Designs’ Rectangle Stitched Mats
- Finishing Touch: White Jute Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Subtles Candy Dots
- Retiring soon (so order now!): Painted Blooms DSP, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
I decided that I would make a card for this week’s Mojo Monday. They have a great layered sketch (my personal favorite!) and really enjoy their challenges .
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! And while you are at it, please sign up for email notifications (usually no more than 2-3 per week) and also “like” my Facebook page (I don’t flood your Newsfeed either). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,