Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for October where we are celebrating an early Fall season by sharing Halloween and Autumn projects using our wonderful Stampin’ Up! supplies. We hope you enjoy our creations!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs, number 11 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
This is my project today! I hope you are ready for Fall. We are in full swing here. The trees are covered with all kinds of beautiful colors. Such wonderful inspiration for a harvest project.
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with the stamped image, using two of the scenic stamps from Happy Scenes – my absolute favorite of the new catalog. Once the two images were stamped, Soft Sky was used to sponge the sky and Mint Macaron was used to sponge the grass. Pumpkin Pie markers colored the pumpkins and birds, and Soft Suede marker was used for the leaves. I then cut it out with the Lots of Labels Framelits along with a layer of Pumpkin Pie, which was cut in half and layered underneath.
- Vintage Leaves stamp set was a natural choice for the Autumn scene! The stamps were VersaMarked, then inked with Soft Suede and heat embossed with clear emboss powder. Once they were all set, I sponged each leaf with Mint Macaron and Pumpkin Pie, adding Soft Suede to the tips and edges. I also gave each leaf a soft fold down the center for a little dimension.
- Pumpkin Pie was sponged onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock then punched three ovals to make a pumpkin. Each oval was sponged on the edges with Soft Suede. A very small piece of Soft Suede was glued to the pumpkin for a stem. A strand from the Burlap Ribbon tied into a bow finished it off.
- The acorn was stamped in Soft Suede and topped with a Burlap Ribbon bow as well.
- Layers! Soft Suede textured with Decorative Dots and Pumpkin Pie stamped along the edges with three Paper Pumpkin stamps from the September kit.
- This card turned out pretty big with the card base measuring 6.5″x4.5″
- I wanted to make this a gift with some home baked goodies so I decorated one of the Tag a Bag gift boxes (my favorite!) by running the acetate sleeve through the Big Shot in the Woodland TIEF.
- The Burlap Ribbon was hot glued (the seam is hidden under the leaves) together.
- The leftover leaf (can’t waste it!) was added with another leaf cut from Coaster Board. Then, the tips and edges were sponged with Soft Suede and the sentiment from For All Things was added.
- Pumpkin Pie Cotton Ribbon and Gold Sequin Trim were added for the Finishing Touch.
The next stop is Ronna Butt at www.cardstockcastle.com, number 13 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
October 2015 Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper ⇐⇐ YOU ARE HERE
- Ronna Butt at www.cardstockcastle.com
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts