Hello Stampers! Well, I have been so busy working on my son’s Pursuit of Happiness (more on that later)! I have anxiety when working outside my comfort zone, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and then life will slow down to a crawl in comparison.
Retro Rubber has the best challenge this time around – Anything Goes! There is no better challenge to get your creative juices going. Let’s see what you are working on this holiday season! I decided to play with an idea that I had in the back of my head for all of the wonderful customers I have had this year. I have several to make and they will probably all be a little different but here is the first one:
It’s All in the Details
- I love the English Garden DSP and the thought of having it on display all year round was too good to pass up. This is a typical easel card, with the card base measuring 8 1/2″ x 5″, then scored at 4 1/4″ and 2 1/8″.
- Soft Suede cardstock measures 4 3/4″ x 4″ and English Garden is cut at 4 5/8″ x 3 7/8″. White Organza Ribbon was adhered to these two layers before adhering to the card front layer (5″ x 4 1/4″).
- Soft Suede was used to ink up the sentiment, then ends were trimmed with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Another set of Soft Suede cardstock and English Garden DSP with same measurements were applied to the card base.
- Sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness was also inked in Soft Suede then trimmed with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch.
- The Final Touch: Classy Design Button was threaded with Gold Cording Trim (Holiday Catalog) on top of a small amount of Gold Sequin Trim for a dash of glam. Do you know the sequins that fall of when you cut the sequin trim? Well, I put them to good use! They are under the Old Olive Candy Dots.
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Do you remember when you got them? Please tell us because we love to hear your stampin’ memories! Please join us before the challenge closes on Friday, December 4th.
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop online with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. And don’t forget to look at the new Weekly Deals! Just click my Shop button to go straight to my 24/7 Online Store. Below are the products used for today’s project.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,
Stampin’ Products to make this card (click to purchase):