Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are showcasing projects using Stampin’ Up! products featuring a theme from any of the following: Valentine’s Day; Thinking of You; Get Well; or Sympathy. All of these themes come “From the Heart.” We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Hello, Stampers! Thanks for hopping by to see my “from the heart” creations! I have a fun project for you. Have you ever made a tri-shutter card? They are so much fun to make. Here is a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers if you would like to give it a try.
- I made three card bases – the first one in Whisper White cardstock, then two more with the Love Blossoms DSP patterns. I used Fast Fuse to put them together, then sponged the edges with Crumb Cake. The nice part of using DSP is that I didn’t feel compelled to do something on every single panel.
- The front of the card: Using the Bloomin’ Love stamp set, the My Valentine stamp was inked with Crumb Cake onto Shimmery White cardstock. It was then cropped with the Tags & Labels Thinlits. I cut a 6″ piece of both the trim from the new Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit and Venetian Crochet Trim, tied them together then glued to the card. Two small flowers from the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits were cut and glued to the knot of the trims.
- The heart stamp from Bloomin’ Love was inked with Rose Red, stamped onto Shimmery WW CS and cut with the heart from the retired Hearts A Flutter Thinlits. A flower was inked and cut out and pearls were applied.
- “You are tea-riffic” stamp was stamped with Crumb Cake ink and punched out with the Decorative Labels Punch. A little tea cup from the retired Tea Shoppe stamp set was stamped in Crumb Cake and fussy cut. The small pearls were added for a fun little finishing touch.
- Other panels are self-explanatory. The final finishing touch was the pretty bow paper clip from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit.
This gift box started with the non-SU ice cream pint container. The heart was cut, glued with the Thin-tip glue pen and applied. I did curl it a little bit very carefully with a bone folder before gluing. Flowers were stamped and cut then applied with glue dots. Pretty pearls were the finishing touch!
The top was decorated with DSP that was cut with the Circles Collection Thinlits. The trim from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit was glued down. The Blushing Bride ribbon was fast fused and attached. The flower was made by punching 4 pieces each of the two scallop circle punches, spritzed with rubbing alcohol then scrunched and allowed to dry. Once dry, they were pierced in the middle and scrunched back up for dimension. Leaves were punched with the Festive Flower Builder Punch, sponged along the edges and folded slightly down the middle. The sentiment was stamped in Rose Red and punched with the Note Tag Punch. Pearls completed the tag. This was a fun project and the tools made it fast and easy!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Final Line-up:
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper <<<< You are here
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stampin’ Serenity
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Michelle Gleeson at www.StampinMojo.com
- Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards