Hello, Stampers! I just have to show you this super-fun card that I made for Valentine’s Day. I bet you know someone who loves dinosaurs, whether now or in the past. What a fun card this was to make (while watching Downton Abby last night)! No bones about it – you will love making this card, too! While I made it for Valentine’s Day, it would also be really fun to give for a birthday or any special occasion.
It’s All in the Details
- My card started with Whisper White Thick cardstock. Layers of Basic Black cardstock and some vintage DSP from Adventure Bound came next. This DSP is great to have on hand for all kinds of cards, especially masculine ones.
- A 3″x4″ piece of cardstock was stamped with the little vine from No Bones about It in Pear Pizzazz and then Smoky Slate was used to ink up the little clouds. Once that was done, it was layered onto another piece of Basic Black.
- The dinosaur was inked in Smoky Slate and the bones were layered on top with Memento Black ink. A little heart was punched from a scrap of the Adventure Bound DSP with the Hearts Border punch.
- The tree from Lovely as a Tree was inked with Chocolate Chip. Then, using Pear Pizzazz ink and a blender pen, leaves were lightly inked onto the branches.
- The sentiment was inked in black and cut with the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelit and again with Basic Black cardstock for a little layering.
- The tree and the dinosaur were cut out with non-SU framelits but could be easily fussy cut.
I made this card with two challenges in mind. I tried my best to make a CAS card for my friends at The Paper Players and also combined it with the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. For the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge, I used the third vertical column. They should get a good laugh about a dinosaur being a “critter”! You should take a look at these two challenges and play along, too!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop online with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. And don’t forget to look at the new Weekly Deals! Just click my Shop button to go straight to my 24/7 Online Store. Below are the products used for today’s project.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,
Stampin’ Products to make this card (click to purchase):