Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE-ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration to choose from. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I am so excited to share this banner with you today! If you came from Katy McGloin’s blog, you saw her beautiful CASEd banner from page 30 of the Annual Catalog. She really is the Queen of 3D! I love those rosettes and the wreath is stunning!! Well, Katy (my wonderful sister and upline) had an idea that I could do the same banner but use products from the Occasions Catalog. She knows that I am a terrible CASEr so it’s better to give me an idea and let me have fun with it. I had just received the great DSP, It’s My Party, so all of the papers were from that one stash of paper. What I really love about that DSP pack is that you actually get enough to do larger projects without the fear of running out. I hope they do more of that in the future.
Here’s a closer look of one of the banner pieces for you to see. You can hang this banner any place you want – just make sure your hanging ribbon is long enough. It’s really easy to make; the only slightly time consuming part was making the rosettes. I made those with the Scoring Tool. The DSP was cut at 1 3/4″ and scoring every 1/4″ and then making “mountain” and “valley” folds. Everything else is made with punches and thinlits/framelits! I used my hot glue gun with most of the layers (as well as adhering to the hanging ribbon) to make sure they didn’t come off. You can’t tell from the photo but the letters are Black Glimmer Paper cut with the Little Letters Thinlits.
After finishing the banner, it got me into the mood of making more party decor. After some thought, I remembered the Sweet Stack Project Kit. This will be a cute centerpiece for our family birthday parties! I found the sample on page 152 in the Annual Catalog and changed it up just a bit. Homemade for You Stamp Set was used for the little flap pieces, and also added the new Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon around the base and In Color Blossom Accents to the centers of the flowers. You probably noticed that I only did one layer on the cake as well. The letter stickers are great but you have to be creative if you need more than 2 of any letters. My original idea was to say “CELEBRATE” but unless I played around with some other letters to make an “E” it was going to say “CELEBRAT”! LOL So I went with “MAKE A WISH” instead. It works… Here is a close-up of the cake:
I hope you liked my projects today! Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I will get back with you as quickly as possible.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper <<<YOU ARE HERE
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
Banner Supplies (click to purchase)
Sweet Stack Project Kit Supplies (click to purchase)