Hello, Stampers! I have been a busy woman lately and have not had much time for stamping, so I just had to find the time last night and this is what I came up with. Whatcha think?? I saw this design and knew I wanted to try it with a bright DSP that I could tone down with some sponging. The sentiment is from Tin of Cards – one of the stamp sets that I will use as long as it will take ink! Those FONTS are the best! The paper is Birthday Bouquet DSP (so sad it will be retiring but I have enough to last me a long time!).
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- I cut strips of paper to the desired length and width (mine are 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″), sponged them, then laid them out on cardstock.
- The sentiment was inked up then cut with a square framelit, and was also sponged. While cleaning my craft room, some framelits were uncovered and I thought this one would work. It was an exact fit for the square! (Don’t you love it when that happens??)
- There’s a fun little “dotty” grunge stamp in Timeless Textures and I used it to apply ink to everything! This is one time that aging is great!!
- The burlap ribbon scrap was just the look I wanted. Each side was fringed just a little. Then, all I had to do was make a bow with the Venetian Crochet Trim, attach the Antique Brad and the fun little burlap threads (instead of tossing them after fringing the length of the ribbon) were glued down. Gold sequin trim was also glued down with glue dots then the bow applied to the top.
- The butterfly was cut with the Bold Butterflies Framelit and pearls added to the butterfly and the corners of the square. This card went together so easily. I know you will love making one for yourself! The finished card was 5 3/4″ square so adjust your measurements if you are looking to make one smaller.
- Stamp Sets: Tin of Cards, Timeless Textures (Inside: Remarkable You, Flowering Fields)
- Paper: Birthday Bouquet DSP, Watermelon Wonder, Soft Suede
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron
- Cool Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities die, Lil’ Inkers Stitched Square Die, SU Bold Butterfly Thinlits, SU Chalk Talk Framelits (inside)
- Finishing Touch: Venetian Crochet Trim, Antique Brads, Gold Sequin Trim, Basic Pearls
I found a couple of wonderful challenges, Make My Monday and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Both are featuring butterflies with their latest challenge. I hope you will check them out and play along with me!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. And don’t forget to look at the Retiring List and see what is leaving Stampin’ Up forever! Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,