Hello, Stampers! I have been enjoying our first week of Spring and hope you have been getting some as well. My flowers are up, the trees are all budding and blooming and we had 80 degrees! One week, snow and the next, summer! Michigan is never a dull moment! I got to enjoy it a little then had to go back into my craft room to make this retirement card for someone I worked with almost 20 years ago! She is finally getting to sleep in after 40 years! I wasn’t sure what to use with this card but one of the great parts of being in Mary Fish’s Pretty Pals is that I was able to ask for help on Facebook. Lo and behold, they gave some names of stamp sets (Teeny Tiny Wishes and Hello Life) that they had used for the same occasion. And we got a good chuckle that there was a stamp set with the perfect sentiment in Wild about Flowers – one of the few sets I actually don’t have! (Yep, it’s going on my next order! LOL) I was able to get my card done and it’s now in the mail for my friend’s retirement party next week! Thanks, Pals! Of course, the Hello Life sentiment can be used for so many other occasions as well, so please consider it for your next card!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- This easy peasy card started with a layer of Mint Macaron (4’x5 1/4″) then dry embossed in the Confetti TIEF.
- The first layer of DSP measured 3″x4 1/2″. The second piece measured 2 1/2″x3 1/4″. This was backed in Blushing Bride.
- The sentiment from Hello Life was stamped in Mint Macaron then cut with the circle framelit.
- The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in Blushing Bride and punched out with the Modern Label punch.
- The flower from Flower Shop was stamped in Watermelon Wonder and punched out with the Pansy punch.
- Finishing Touch included a small piece of Mint Macaron 1″ Dotted Lace Trim, Iced Rhinestone for the flower’s center and cute little rhinestone for just a touch more bling!
- Stamp Sets: Hello Life, Flower Shop, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inside: Bravo, Number of Years
- Paper: Birthday Bouquet, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride
- Cool Tools: Circle Framelits, Modern Label Punch, Pansy Punch, Confetti TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Iced Rhinestones, Basic Rhinestones, Mint Macaron 1″ Dotted Lace Trim
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,