Hello, Stampers! The Retro Rubber design team had such a great time looking and commenting on your submissions in our last challenge. The cards were really fantastic! If you didn’t get a chance to look at them, you can still do so – you will absolutely love them! We have a new color inspiration challenge this week and who wouldn’t be inspired by these beautiful tulips? I went looking through my older stamps and stopped looking the moment I saw Bloom with Hope, which was a Host stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2014-2015 Annual Catalog. I think it’s a great stamp set to go with this challenge, don’t you? The bright colors were exactly what this stamp needed! Of course, you know that I couldn’t do a clean and simple card but this stamp set would be great for that style as well. You really can’t go wrong with this stamp set, so that is exactly why I will be using it for a long time to come.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
This card started with the A2 dimensions, using Elegant Eggplant. (Sorry, it is just too difficult to get a photograph of that color!) Next is a layer of Daffodil Delight, followed by Whisper White, leaves stamped and run through the Elegant Dots TIEF. I stamped the focal floral image in Memento Black then colored with my alcohol pens till I was satisfied. The Window Frame framelit was cut in Melon Mambo then the stamped image was cut with a square framelit. Layers of ribbons (of course!) with a bow of Melon Mambo cotton ribbon and a little piece of gold sequin trim. The Finishing Touch was the sentiment, stamped in Elegant Eggplant, punched with the Washi Label Punch and layered on top of Elegant Eggplant washi label punched pieces.
- Stamp Sets: Bloom with Hope
- Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi
- Cool Tools: Elegant Dots TIEF, Window Frame framelits, Washi Label Punch, Squares Collections Framelits, Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities Pens (discontinued), We R Memory Keepers TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, Melon Mambo 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, May 20th.
- We require at least one stamp to be older than one year on your card. If we feel you are using new stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification. They don’t have to be retired though, just older than a year. Please tell us when you got the stamp to the best of your ability.
- New papers, dies, accessories are OK to use!
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No backlinking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Link back to the blog using the InLinkz by the due date.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
- Enter as many times as you like.
I am also entering this card into the Seize the Birthday challenge that is going on right now. The Topping is “coloring” so this card fits into that description quite well. The cards are always so inspiring over there so you should check them out and play along with me!
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE. Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,