Hello, my Stampin’ friends! It’s a Happy Day!! I sure hope you got a chance to see the wonderful cards that were submitted with our last sketch challenge. They are great! Now, we have a color challenge for you and it is perfect for the season coming up – Red, White and Blue. I got a chance to play (everyone was asleep!) early Sunday morning and this card surprised me at just how fast it came together. I hope that means it’s a good combination and not a card that looks like I was asleep when I put it together!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
- I chose the Build a Bouquet stamp set, which came out with the 2015 Occasions Catalog. It is such a cute stamp set! Of course, Flower Shop continues to be in our catalog since the 2013-14 Annual Catalog came out and also has a coordinating punch so you gotta love that!
- I used Dapper Denim and Cherry Cobbler for the challenge, then added Smoky Slate for a little more variety.
- The sentiment was stamped onto Shimmery White cardstock, then cropped out with my Layering Oval framelit. Next, I layered it with a Dapper Denim scalloped oval framelit. These framelits are quickly becoming my go-to for a great focal point!
- The background stamp was stamped in Smoky Slate, layered on Cherry Cobbler then wrapped with Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine. It was popped up with dimensionals and layered onto Smoky Slate cardstock that was dry embossed with the Confetti TIEF.
- The flowers were stamped in Cherry Cobbler then punched with the coordinating punch. More flowers were punched out in order to give the stamped images some detail.
- Finishing Touch: A Cherry Cobbler Designer Button and white enamel dot were used to embellish one of the flowers. Rhinestones were added to the corner and a bow to add just that little fun touch to the sentiment. DONE!
Stampin’ Up! Products (click for details)
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! Then, stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. We would love for you to join us before the challenge closes on Friday, July 1st.
- We require at least one stamp to be older than one year on your card. If we feel you are using new stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification. They don’t have to be retired though, just older than a year. Please tell us when you got the stamp to the best of your ability.
- New papers, dies, and accessories are great to use!
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Link back to the blog using the InLinkz by the due date.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE.
- Have you considered purchasing the Spectacular Stampin’ Up! Bundle? Purchase the Stampin’ Up! $99 Kit through me (the Ultimate Stampin’ Up! Bundle) get an additional $26 in FREE product (and FREE shipping!) as well as instantly become a member of the Pretty Pals community where you will have access to exclusive paper crafting resources, private chat areas, friendships, prizes. Hobby stampers will love the guaranteed discount on ALL products!
- Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,