Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August 2016!
We appreciate you stopping by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! cutting tools. There are so many wonderful punches, framelits, thinlits and edgelits available that will definitely help make your papercrafting more detailed and fun! We hope you will find lots of ideas and enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog.
Foxy Friends Shutter Gatefold Card
Hello, my Stampin’ friends! Foxy Friends Suite is such a wonderful bundle and absolutely made my A List when the new annual catalog came out. When I found this really fun Gatefold card, I immediately thought of putting one of the cute images inside the shutter. After a Pinterest search, I only found a few cards, which mostly used sentiments. This tutorial from Teri Pocock is very good and provides excellent instructions. I recommend following it closely when you are ready to try this super fun fold card.
Her instructions make a 4″x 4″ card and mine is 5″x 5″. Tools make this fun fold so much easier! I can’t imagine doing this technique without the wonderful layering framelits from the new annual catalog. It would take more time and effort than I have patience for! The numbers framelits are great and really helped to make the “6” stand out. Instead of making a belly band, I chose to close the card with coordinating Pool Party ribbon that is new as well. TIP: A glue dot was placed behind the oval onto the ribbon on the front to help lay it down. Pool Party “you” framelit was popped up on craft foam, which gave it great dimension.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper <<<< You Are Here
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
Stampin’ Up Supply List (click to purchase from my Online Store)