Hello, my Stampin’ friends! It’s time for a sketch challenge at Retro Rubber to play with your older, much loved stamps. I had so much fun making this card for you today! I had bought Indescribable Gift from the SU 2015 occasions catalog because it reminded me of my favorite flowering trees, Dogwoods, from 20 years of living in Atlanta. Yeah, I know this stamp doesn’t look like a dogwood but that is where my mind went when I saw it so I got it. Of course, I got it! The problem wasn’t buying it – the problem was having it and never even using it! I think coloring it was intimidating to me but no more! I colored this image with my brand new (and growing) collection of Copics markers. Thanks, Katy (I think)! I am still learning obviously and still need to collect more but they are so nice! I really do love them!! The other stamp sets used were Balloon Celebration from the 2016 occasions catalog for the sentiments and Touches of Texture that just came out in the 2016 annual catalog for the shabby chic texture. It’s so much fun to incorporate the old with the new!
I am submitting this card to Seize the Birthday also. They have an Anything Goes challenge at the moment. You should see the beautiful cards from the design team and play along with me!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS – INDESCRIBABLE GIFT
- Stamp Sets: Indescribable Gift, Balloon Celebration, Touches of Texture
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride
- Cool Tools: Layering Circle Framelits, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Subtles Designer Buttons, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
- Copics: RV11, RV14, G21,YG61, W3
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, August 30th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No backlinking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO!! Deadline to sign up and get the second month FREE is October 10th. Learn more HERE. Sign up HERE
- Ready to shop? I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE.
- Have you considered purchasing the Spectacular Stampin’ Up! Bundle? Purchase the Stampin’ Up! $99 Kit through me (Ultimate Stampin’ Up! Bundle) get an additional $26 in FREE product (and FREE shipping!) as well as instantly become a member of the Pretty Pals community where you will have access to exclusive paper crafting resources, private chat areas, friendships, prizes. Hobby stampers will love the guaranteed discount on ALL products!
- Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,