Hello, my Stampin’ friends!
September snuck up on me! And with September comes my father’s birthday, so I had to scramble to get a card made in time. My father has always had a bird-feeder as long as I can remember, which also feeds every other little creatures in the yard as well. I started by making the birdhouse out of the new Home Sweet Home framelit out of some leftover corrugated paper from a Paper Pumpkin kit. Then, trying to make a card relatively masculine, I looked for some suitable stamp sets. Of course, I could have used the brand new stamp set, Best Birds, but felt that the birds were just a little too big for the size of my birdhouse, so I opted to use An Open Heart instead. The bird is so sweet-looking, the branch is beautiful and the sentiments are not typical ones that Stampin’ Up! makes.
The DSP for this card is the new Halloween Night Specialty DSP in the new Holiday Catalog. The patterns in this collection goes well beyond Halloween, in my opinion. I stamped the branch in black ink then layered the birdhouse on top. The bird was also stamped in black and fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped and punched out with the Duet Banner Punch. The inside of the card is where I was able to use Best Birds, such a cute set! I will definitely be using this set more in the future.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS – AN OPEN HEART
- Stamp Sets: An Open Heart, Best Birds, Thoughtful Banners
- Paper: Halloween Night Specialty DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
- Ink: Black
- Cool Tools: Home Sweet Home Thinlits, Duet Banner Punch, 1″ Circle Punch
I just found a new challenge, CAS-ual Fridays and wanted to enter this card to their current challenge to use black, white and a pop of color. Fun!! I hope you will give them a look and play, too!
- SPECIAL OFFERS: We have a great sale on embellishments that you want! See what’s on sale now HERE and stock up! The sales ends September 7th so act fast!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO!! Deadline to sign up and get the second month FREE is October 10th. Learn more HERE. Sign up HERE
- Ready to shop?I offer prompt customer service when you shop with me. AND you can earn FREE stamps with my Secret Stamper Rewards Program. Learn more HERE.
- Have you considered purchasing the Spectacular Stampin’ Up! Bundle? Purchase the Stampin’ Up! $99 Kit through me and get an additional $26 in FREE product (and FREE shipping!). You instantly become a member of the Pretty Pals community where you will have access to exclusive paper crafting resources, private chat areas, friendships, prizes. Hobby stampers will love the guaranteed discount on ALL products!
- Looking for any retired stamps or Stampin’ Up! Stamps or products. Go HERE to see what I have available! If you don’t see what you are looking for, just email me and I will check if I have it or will try to find someone who is willing to sell to you.
So, I hope you liked my card today! If you did, please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Thanks for coming to my blog today! Until next time,