Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (or maybe even a combination). We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
CHRISTMAS PINES FRAME CARD
The Frame Card is the absolute perfect card for that special person in your life! I found the idea recently and fell in love with the thought of what the possibilities for this card could be. After making this one, I have thought of all sorts of new ways to use it and hope you will want to try it as well. Christmas Pines bundle, used with the Merry Tags Framelits, is a really great way to showcase this fun fold card.
As you can see from this first prototype I made, all you really have to do is score two squares, then cut to opposite corners and finally fold along the lines to make a recess in the card front. Easy peasy!! Once you have done that, score in the middle of the card base twice to make the allowance for the frame. You then cut two squares of DSP or cardstock the same size as the largest square – one is for the card front and the other is to cover the back on the inside. After the card base is done, just decorate as you wish and have fun with it! I will certainly be doing this card again.
- Card base: 5″ x 10.5″, scored at 5″ and 5.5″
- Large square: 3.5″ square (.75″ border on all sides)
- Small square: 2.5″ square (.5″ border on all sides)
The inside was lots of fun and also has so many possibilities! I decided to use the top of the card but you don’t have to at all. I covered the inside with the same great DSP from the card front, stamped the sentiment and the ornaments, then layered with more copper foil sheet paper. This card is very easy to make!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS – CHRISTMAS PINES
- Stamp Sets: Christmas Pines, Wrapped in Warmth
- Paper: Petals & Paisleys DSP, Copper Foil Sheets, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler
- Ink: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler
- Cool Tools: Merry Tags Framelits, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Elegant Dots TIEF,
- Finishing Touch: Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine, Cherry Cobbler 3/8″ Silky Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Jingle Bells, Regals Enamel Shapes
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop. Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the top menu bar. Until next time!!
Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper <<< You are here!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at www.juststampin.com
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts