It’s time for a new challenge and this one is literally for everyone – Anything Goes! We had a great response to our “critter” challenge, so please go and check them out for some great CASE ideas. Anything Goes challenges can be easy or hard, depending on how your mojo is going. Luckily, I haven’t been in my craft room at all lately, so by the time I was able to play, the inspiration was just outside my window.
I found a few stamp sets that are perfect for Autumn. French Foliage is a great stamp set that debuted in the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog. It is a beautiful set to use this time of year! I also found The Sheltering Tree, which came out in the 2015 Occasions Catalog and is still available for purchase. Both of these stamp sets are great for a seasonal card!
The card started with Chocolate Chip cardstock that measured 5 1/2″x 12″, scored at 6″ and 9″. The Sheltering Tree was inked up in Early Espresso for the trunk and Cajun Craze for the leaves. French Foliage stamps were inked in various colors along the edges then the entire layer was lightly sponged in Crumb Cake. The sentiment was inked then made into a banner on one end, layered with Cajun Craze then the left edge was curled. Everything was matted, a doily was distressed and a designer button was threaded with linen.
Cajun Craze was embossed with the Woodgrain TIEF. The “Celebrate” Natural Element was brushed with Gold Wink of Stella. More leaves were inked up, fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals to act as an edge for the easel portion of the card.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS – SHELTERING TREE
- Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree, French Foliage
- Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
- Cool Tools: Duet Banner Punch, Woodgrain TIEF
- Finishing Touch: Designer Button, Linen Thread, Natural Elements, Gold Wink of Stella
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, September 23rd.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu!! Until next time!!
Stampin’ Up! Supply List