Happy Thanksgiving, my friends! I hope you are having a blessed week with family and friends (whether you celebrate or not) and enjoying some fun times. My work is cut out for me this week but looking forward to having my youngins home, even if it’s just a day or two. I needed just one more Thanksgiving card to send out so I decided to use this super fun sketch for it. Lighthearted Leaves came out in the 2015 Holiday Mini Catalog and I hoped it would stick around but it retired with that catalog. Of course, you all know by now how much I love Autumn so I kept it in my stash.
This card was lots of fun to make! I hadn’t embossed in so long! This leaf stamp was begging to be colored in some beautiful Fall colors and the new DSP had some wonderful coordinating colors, don’t you think? All I did was heat emboss then colored with ink and a blending pen. After putting the layers behind the focal points of the sketch, I remembered that I had some leaves cut in copper foil in my desk pile – somewhere – LOL. I did find them though and love how they seemed to pull it all together just a little bit better. Adding some copper metallic thread was the finishing touch.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Lighthearted Leaves
- Paper: Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP, Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron, Copper Foil Sheets
- Ink: Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Soft Suede, VersaMark
- Cool Tools: Seaside TIEF, Leaflets Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Blender Pen, Distress Tool
- Finishing Touch: Copper Emboss Powder, Copper Metallic Thread
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, December 2, 2016.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible to be one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
I am also submitting this card over at a fun challenge blog, CAS-UAL Fridays.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Debbie@SecretStamper.com any time. Want to know What’s New with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu above!! Until next time,