I hesitated in posting this card because I think everyone has done one already. But the new stamp set, Beautiful You, is so versatile that you will certainly see many wonderful cards with it. Maybe, just maybe, one more will convince you to finally get one for yourself! I look forward to using every single stamp in this gorgeous set.
- This card started by stamping the image with black stazon ink. Once satisfied that it was dry, I used my new Stampin’ Up! watercolor pencils (Real Red and Basic Gray) and a blender pen to color the image. I then masked it off, and watercolored the background.
- Hearth & Home Thinlit in Whisper White was cut and then a Window Sheet was cut, lined with the Foam Adhesive Strips and layered on top of the image.
- Carried Away DSP (Sale-A-Bration item) was layered onto Black cardstock. Black Stitched Satin Ribbon was taped onto the card before adhering to the Thick Whisper White cardstock, then a bow was made and glued to the ribbon.
- The sentiment was inked in Tuxedo Black Ink, cut with the Layering Oval Framelits and layered onto Black cardstock with a scalloped oval.
- The sentiment for the inside of the card was stamped onto Whisper White, layered onto Basic Black cardstock. I cut up a few little hearts from the Confetti Heart Border punch and glued them close to the sentiment.
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Beautiful You
- Paper: Carried Away DSP (SAB), Thick Whisper White, Basic Black
- Ink: Black Stazon, Tuxedo Black
- SU Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Hearth & Home Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Confetti Hearts Border Punch
- Finishing Touch: Basic Black Satin Stitched Ribbon
I am going to play along with The Paper Players challenge where Sandy is hosting a fun color challenge. I hope you will check it out and play along with me!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu!! Until next time!!