I am sure that you have seen lots of beautiful cards made with the Dragonfly Dreams bundle. They are all incredible! I’m still trying to keep my resolution to make more of a clean and simple card (Katy knows how hard it is for me!). I think this is at least clean and layered, which is probably as close as I can get. LOL
I started this card by choosing a very interesting and pretty DSP from Affectionately Yours. This pattern is so sweet! After cutting out the dragonfly with the thinlit from Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, it was put aside to figure out how to showcase it well.
- I layered the card base with Very Vanilla (4″ x 5 1/4″), DSP (3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″). Another Very Vanilla (2 5/8″ x 4 1/2″) layer with Crumb Cake that was dry embossed with the Falling Petals TIEF was the perfect way to showcase the pretty dragonfly.
- After cutting one of the new lace doilies in half, all of the layers were adhered to the card base. I wanted a simple all occasion sentiment on the front, finding exactly what I was looking for in the new Swan Lake stamp set.
- The finishing touch was just a few basic pearls on the dragonfly and on the corner.
I would like to submit this card to SUO Challenges, who are having a “New Year, New Stuff” challenge. I hope you all will go see what the very talented design team has made with their “new stuff” and play along with me!!
It’s All in the Details
- Stamp Sets: Swan Lake
- Paper: Affectionately Yours, Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo
- SU Tools: Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Falling Petals TIEF, Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits
- Finishing Touch: Lace Doilies, Basic Pearls
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu!! Until next time!!