It’s time to start those Valentines Day cards and we are here to inspire you with the stamp sets that you already have in your craft room! I opted to make a relatively generic card that could be used for any occasion. Vertical Greetings is a new stamp set in the 2016 Annual Catalog, and is quite handy because of the long skinny images and sentiments! Pictogram Punches was in the 2014 Annual Catalog and retired last year, I believe. I also used Friendly Wishes which debutted in the 2015 Annual Catalog and is still available.
SUO Challenges is having a Valentine challenge so I will be submitting this card to play. I hope you will check their challenge out as well and play along with me!
It’s All in the Details
- This card started with Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Wild Wasabi (4″ x 51/4″) was cut and Whisper White (3 5/8″ x 5 1/8″) was embossed in the new Hexagons Dynamic TIEF and adhered to the Wild Wasabi. (Tip: Spray the cardstock with water or rubbing alcohol lightly before embossing to get more definition!)
- The focal image from Vertical Greetings was inked up with markers in all three colors, then cropped with the Layering Ovals Framelits. After that, I heat embossed the image using VersaMark, inks and Clear Embossing Powder. The heart and flowerpot were fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals. Then, a Rich Razzleberry layer was cut and layered underneath.
- Wild Wasabi and Rich Razzleberry Ribbons were layered on the background layer then adhered to the card base.
- Focal image was popped up on dimensionals to the card base.
- Markers inked up with the sentiment stamp, then cropped into a banner, finished by inking the edges with Rich Razzleberry.
Quick List of Supplies Used
- Stamp Sets: Vertical Greetings, Friendly Wishes, Pictogram Punches (retired)
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, VersaMark
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Hexagons Dynamic TIEF, Markers in Rich Razzleberry , Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
- Finishing Touch: Wild Wasabi Seam Binding Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Emboss Powder
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, February 10th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
DYI List of Stampin’ Up! Products