The best part of Sale-A-Bration is getting fun products for FREE, don’t you think?? I challenge myself to try to get one of each of the stamp sets and then stock up on the consumables, like DSP, ribbons and my personal favorite this year – the card tin! All Occasion is truly a wonderful stamp set for every occasion and Designer Tee has such adorable sentiments. The challenge over at SUO Challenges is to break out those new SAB stamps and products, so I thought I would play along. The designers’ cards are great so please go pay them a visit!
It’s All in the Details
- After choosing my stamp sets, I then chose the Tempting Turquoise patterned paper from Festive Birthday DSP. To contrast this beautiful color, I layered it onto Watermelon Wonder, an in-color that will be retiring this year! I will be very sad to see this one go but it will be in my craft room for a long time. It’s a great color for me because it’s an in between color – not red, or pink. Love it!!
- I then stamped the banner onto Whisper White, and cropped it with one of the large stitched square framelits. Once it was cut, the squared focal piece was layered onto another Watermelon Wonder square.
- The balloons were stamped from Balloon Adventures stamp set and punched out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. The adorable squiggle from Cupcake Cutouts Thinlits was cut out from a scrap of Silver Foil, cut and adhered to the balloons.
- I would love for someone to name the wonderful “ribbon” from Swirly Scribbles Thinlits! This “wavy ribbon” was cut out of Silver Foil as well and adhered to the card, then the balloons were adhered with one being popped up with dimensionals.
- The sentiment from Designer Tee was stamped twice, once in Tempting Turquoise and then in Watermelon Wonder. The WW cake was fussy cut and glued down to the TT, then it was cut out with the Stitched Circle Framelit. A scrap of Tempting Turquoise was cut with the scalloped circle, but I decided it didn’t pop enough. So, I cut a larger circle in Watermelon Wonder and adhered it to the silver banner.
- The Finishing Touch was the Silver Enamel Shapes added to the Happy Birthday banner.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Any Occasion, Designer Tee, Balloon Adventures
- Paper: Festive Birthday DSP, Watermelon Wonder, Silver Foil Sheets, Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Tempting Turquoise
- SU Tools: Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Cupcake Cutouts Thinlits, Balloon Bouquet Punch
- Finishing Touch: Metallic Enamel Shapes
I would like to submit this card to SUO Challenges, who inspired my use of the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets. Also, the sketch challenge over at Fusion Card Challenges was perfect for my card as well. I hope you will take a look at these wonderful challenges and play along with me.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!