I Bloomin’ [Heart] Love You!
I am back making cards for my kids and thought a Valentines card made from Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits would be great to send them this month. Since they never come to my blog (sigh) it is totally safe to post beforehand LOL. It’s enough for me to hear how much they enjoy getting my cards.
It’s All in the Details
- I go through spurts with colors and I bet you can tell that Rich Razzleberry is a current favorite of mine. I just love this color combination of Rich Razzleberry and Watermelon Wonder!
- After choosing my colors, I ran a large scrap of Watermelon Wonder and a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″) through my Big Shot using the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlit. Having the Die Brush to quickly poke out the small pieces made this task fast and easy! The Watermelon Wonder heart was fit into the Whisper White negative and adhered to Crumb Cake (4 x 5 1/4″) layer. Before placing it onto the card base, I stapled the Burlap ribbon down onto the layers.
- The flowers were cut, scrunched and glued down to the heart. White Accents were placed in the middle of the flowers. Pearls were randomly added to the heart as well.
- I decided that the ribbon needed some bling, so I cut roughly 12″ of Gold Cord Trim and placed it under the ribbon. The “I ♥ U” was cut with the thinlit from Label Card Thinlits and glued down. A gold heart was placed in the corner of the heart.
- The inside of the card is just as much fun to do as the front! I stamped the sentiment from Rose Wonder in Rich Razzleberry and placed enamel shapes around it. Then I stamped the hearts in Watermelon Wonder as a border along the bottom of the Whisper White layer. I sure hope these kids can tell how much they are loved!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Sealed with Love, Rose Wonder
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Watermelon Wonder
- SU Tools: Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits, Label Card Thinlits (retired), Handheld Stapler (discontinued)
- Finishing Touch: Brights Enamel Shapes, White Perfect Accents, Pearl Basic Jewels, Metallic Enamel Shapes, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, Gold Cording Trim (retired)
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!