I hope you have seen all of the great birthday cards that were submitted to our last challenge. We are ready for another challenge and this one is a color challenge. Isn’t this inspiration just what we need right now? We don’t see much of that shiny star in the sky during the winter here in Michigan. LOL As soon as I saw the inspiration photo, I knew that I would have to use my Vivid Vases stamp set, which came out in the 2014 Occasions Mini Catalog. I only used it once before today, but that’s why I find it so difficult to give away my stamps. Start going through that special spot in your craft room that has your beloved older stamps and play along. You can combine them with new stuff, which breathes new life into them!
It’s All in the Details
- This card came together quite quickly! Melon Mambo card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Festive Birthday DSP was cut and taped down onto Basic Black to make it really pop. The 1/8″ Melon Mambo ribbon was taped onto the layer before the paper layers were adhered down onto the card base.
- The image from Vivid Vases was inked up with Versa Mark and Memento Black Ink and stamped onto watercolor paper, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Each vase was colored with ink and a blender pen. Once finished and dry, I cut the image out with a framelit die from Gina Marie Designs. The lace doily was applied to the left lower corner of the paper layers, then the image was popped up on dimensionals in the middle of the card.
- The Finishing Touch was a retired button from the Best Year Ever suite was threaded with ribbon and glued down. It’s My Party Enamel Dots were the perfect touch for the flower center and sentiment as well!
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Vivid Vases
- Paper: Festive Birthday DSP, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Emerald Envy, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo
- SU Tools: (Non-SU: Gina Marie Designs Wine Labels Die Set)
- Finishing Touch: Melon Mambo 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon, Lace Doilies, It’s My Party Enamel Dots (retired), Best Year Ever Buttons (retired)
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, March 10th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligible as one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted your project to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today. I have a BIG announcement tomorrow so I hope you will come back. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!