We are off to a great start with brand new challenges over at Retro Rubber! We are ready for a new theme challenge to make a birthday card, which card makers are always needing throughout the year. Who’s next on your birthday list? Well, make them a card they will love and I am sure we will, too! I went through my retired stamp sets and found Vintage Vogue, which is certainly one of the very first that I bought after starting to make cards. This stamp set was in the 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog. Vintage Verses was used on the inside of the card and was a free Sale-A-Bration stamp set in 2013. The sentiment is from Time of Year, which is one of the 2016-2017 Hostess sets in our current SU catalog.
It’s All in the Details
- The Vintage Vogue stamp set was one of the very first that I bought for making cards, because I thought it would be pretty on my daughter’s scrapbooks as well. I loved the vintage style and thought the flowers were so pretty!
- I chose my favorite DSP in the current catalog, Blooms & Bliss and used a pattern that has a beautiful color combination, Island Indigo and Mint Macaron. The DSP was layered onto Mint Macaron.
- Whisper White cardstock was cut, then stamped with Mint Macaron ink to make a background. I cut it down with a stitched rectangle framelit, then adhered to the DSP layer. Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim was cut and adhered onto the layers before adhering to Island Indigo card base.
- I stamped the “Thinking of You” sentiment with Island Indigo ink and the “on your” sentiment with Mint Macaron. They were cut with a Layering Oval Framelit and adhered onto the card layers. The “Birthday” stamp was inked in Island Indigo onto Mint Macaron from my scrap pile and cut out with Bunch of Banners Framelit, then popped up with dimensionals.
- The flowers were stamped in Mint Macaron and a dauber was used to ink up the edges and the middle of each flower with Island Indigo, then fussy cut. Two were adhered directly to the card and one of the small ones was popped up on a dimensional.
- The finishing touch was placing Island Indigo Enamel Shapes onto the flowers and Mint Macaron Enamel Shapes onto the banner.
- Inside: The stamp from Vintage Verses was stamped in Island Indigo and the stamps from Vintage Vogue were inked with Mint Macaron and stamped onto the top and bottom of the Whisper White layer.
Quick List of SU Products Used
- Stamp Sets: Time of Year, Vintage Vogue, Vintage Verses
- Paper: Blooms & Bliss DSP, Island Indigo, Mint Macaron
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Island Indigo
- SU Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits, Bunch of Banners Framelits
- Finishing Touch: Mint Macaron 1″ Dotted Lace Trim, Regals Enamel Shapes, It’s My Party Enamel Dots
Please stop by and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog then get your much loved older stamps out and play along! Read the Challenge Guidelines below to be eligible to win. The challenge closes on Friday, February 24th.
- We require stamps older than one year. New papers/dies are great – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year anddescribe the age in your blog post.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. No back-linking prior to the beginning date of the challenge.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with others but in order to be eligibleas one of our Top Five winners, you may not have submitted to more than 10 total.
Thanks for coming to my blog today! Please take a minute and leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] any time. Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out my What’s New on the menu. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!